Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
GeraldSoukup
Follower
Follower

I get this message every time I log in but the battery stays fully charged,"charging fault has been detected on Tree-52M17C7SAD331 camera. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults." If that is true the battery should be dead by now.

58 REPLIES 58
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Maybe Netgear/Arlo saw the error of its ways.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
geoclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 camera comes up with charging fault message and refers to KB article. Can't find it. also pluged into AC power but doesnot show on battery icon

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You may have a faulty camera. Does the power supply work ok on a different camera?
Dclark39
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, where exactly is this KB article that the error message directs you to? I can't find it on the site anywhere. And I'm usng the Arlo wall plug and cable...still get the error messages and my batteries are drained.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dclark39,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Fbocane
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this for a few days and none of the community suggestions worked. Tonight I took another camera and opened it up and compared it with the one giving the error and finally noticed one of the 4 gold pins that connect to the battery I was not aligned with the other 3. I took a pair of tweezers to see if it was broken or bent and was able to get it close to the same position as the others, put the battery back in and it’s started working correctly right away and is now charging correctly..
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Fbocane wrote:
one of the 4 gold pins that connect to the battery I was not aligned with the other 3.

That's odd. I don't have charging problems, but I did notice a pin that wasn't aligned with the others when poking around in one of my several devices. I assume it was some sort of design thing.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@Fbocane

I'm glad you finally got it to work. Good troubleshooting! I have noticed on my Pro cameras that some of the cameras have the pins lined up and some of them have one pin slightly forward from the others. Two other things:

1) it seems there is quite a tolerence difference in many of the cameras causing people to have to place some cardboard to use as a wedge to hold the battery in firmly, and

2) sometimes the the little clip that is supposed to hold the battery in tightly is flimsy and doesn't do a good job of keeping the battery firmly in place. In that case people have had to use tweezers to slightly lift up the battery holder pins to make good contact. 

In both cases above, with age the contacts can become dirty and might need to be cleaned.

Thanks for the tip,

Brian

bbmertz
Aspirant
Aspirant
After 18 months, I started receiving the same charging fault error and can no longer charge the battery. After spending 4 hours on the phone with customer service and trying a different charger, removing the battery, rebooting the hub and adjusting charging contacts, they determined it was a problem with the camera. Unfortunately they told me that since it’s out of warranty they won’t replace the camera. Very disappointing and a wasted investment in the Arlo system. Guess I will buy a different system now although I had originally planned to buy more Arlo cameras to expand my security network.
Bungle15
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so here is a little tip if like me this has you. Take pin and lightly rub the contacts on the mini usb input on the camera, there are about 4-5 of them and they are tiny.. it might just solve your problem. Smiley Wink

jwp1
Tutor
Tutor

I have both my cameras connected to the Arlo Solar Panels which worked fine for a coupoe of months. Now I continue to get the charging fault notice on both cameras. Unlugging them from the cameras works for a day or two and then I get the notice aagain. My doctor won't let me climb ladders so I thought the solar panels a perfect solution. If Arlo/Netgear has a better solution to this problem I haven't seen it. I welcome suggestions from anyone since Arlo doesn't seem to care what their customers are having to deal with. Am I frustrated? You bet. I'm out close to $700.00 for this junk and I'm starting to feel like a real sap.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem is not fully seating the connectors which can be a real PITA. Since you now have the issue, I would recommend removing the cable from both ends and let everything dry ou thoroughly. Obviously, do this in warm, dry weather. I'd let it sit for at least a couple of days. Then reinstall the cables, taking time and effort to ensure that the connectors are well and truly seated. If it seems easy, it's probably not done right.

patryko
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

did you solved the problem?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

patryko,

What issues are you experiencing?

amdz
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo had to send me a new battery.

There was some issue on Arlo's end.
I have only used the included charger, and the same outlet at my house.
patryko
Aspirant
Aspirant
How I can contact Arlo.
Was trying to chatting with them couldn’t connect...
I plug two different cameras to solar but still receiving same info - charging fault ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

patryko,

You can contact support at the following link - Arlo Tech Support

tobirose
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem as you. I did all the trouble shooting. Turned off base station for a while, unplugged the camera from the power cord as well at the wall outlet, took the battery out for a while, put the battery back in. Took the battery out and plugged the camera back in and didn't get the error anymore. Hmmmm, is this the battery? Checked the battery and yes, it's at a full 100% charge so it's not loosing charge afterall, just an anoying message saying it is. Should technically be dead by now because I've had this error message for weeks! So I did all that trouble shooting for nothing, I'm just going to keep the battery in since it really is charging dispite the stupid error message, plug it back in like normal and continue on until AROLO gets there act together and fixes it on there end. That's where the problem is! Anyone else notice this but me?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

tobirose,

What firmware is your base station & camera running? Did you check to see if this error was appearing on the web portal as well? Have you tried to remove & re-sync the camera to the base station?

Ottisberg
Initiate
Initiate

The viewer gives me the message "A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults."

I search for KB article for Charging Faults and get 5 pages of irrelevent responses.

1) Where can I find the article? - seems odd to but looking for an article in the help rather than a manual.

2) I've replaced batteries, cameras, charger, and cable, and the error persists, but only on 1 of the 5 cameras. - very odd.

Thank you if you know where I can find this article.

Okaca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Quite frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't quickly see aN article specifically on this but you might want to read through some of the FAQs here which may give you some insight. I would tend to suggest opening a case here as well since you've already run through many, if not all, of the troubleshooting steps.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TMProperties
Aspirant
Aspirant

That link is broken! I too have had this message.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @TMProperties,

If clicking on the link doesn't work, scroll down and click on "Contact Support" as shown below.

Then scroll down again and click on "Contact Support". Feel free to let me know if you're still having problems accessing the support link.

TMProperties
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why not fix the link...