Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Do Not See A "pencil" To Edit For My Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
BB2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

In Mode I cannot edit to get to the sensitivity bar or the video recording length.  Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the master account or one that was granted access?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That depends on whether you're using the app or browser. My Android app has a pencil but the browser shows a ">" - same thing.  

BB2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app doesn't have the pencil and online doesn't have the ">". Now what?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the master account or one that was granted access?

sgfbonsai
Tutor
Tutor

My husband and I have an Arlo Pro 2 set up.  I am the master but have granted all rights to my husband.  He can not edit anything as far as sensitivity, length of record etc.  He has tried both on his iphone as well as his windows 10 computer.  Is there a way to get him access to making these changes?  I have no problem going to mode, and finding the pencil or >  he does not find those.  How do I change this

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not 100% certain but the short answer is that he may not be able to using a Grant Access account (I haven't tried it). Did you grant him full privileges in Grant Access?

Reviewing the FAQ on this indicates you did not give him full access. Here's what the two choices provide:

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

BB2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I was not the master account.  This part has been taken care of.

sgfbonsai
Tutor
Tutor

I did grant him full access but he is not the master.  I wish this could be changed as there are times he wants to change things and the only way for that to happen is for him to sign in under my account.  It would be nice if this could be changed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only ways to accomplish this would be 1) remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and let him set the system up under his account or 2) grant access to yourself using a second email address and let him use the existing master account.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation