Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub went offline after 5 problem free months. Tried restarting, performing factory reset, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kensington1117
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey all,

After 5 problem free months of operating my system, my hub went offline and I have not been able to get back online again.

I have restarted it, performed a factory reset, and even ordered a new BGW210 router from ATT, my ISP, to no avail. I have also had ATT check my port forwarding and it did not work.

Hub just has the blinking amber light. I have been in contact with Arlo support since May 20th! My last case update was on June 1st but they have not responded to my update yet (case #41679699).

The cameras are well within the one year warranty period. I've tried all standard troubleshooting suggestions. Including deleting the hub and re-pairing it and the cameras. That caused the system to come online for about a minute before it went back offline. I now deleted the hub again, but the Arlo app cannot even detect it anymore since it is perpetually blinking amber.
Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Is my hub bricked at this point?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

HI @Kensington1117 

I would highly recommend you remove your SD card from the Ultra base,  Then reboot the base and give it some time,  That has helped a lot of us with the same issue!

Kensington1117
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I don't have an SD card inserted in my base. I did try restarting it again but it didn't work.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kensington1117,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you in regards to your case.

Kensington1117
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was approved to return broken hub, but never received RMA confirmation email. I have a RMA number but cannot start the process without the email link.

Support said they would cancel my RMA and restart the RMA process, but it has been weeks without any progress.

Has this happened to anyone?
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation