Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 batteries charging in Arlo dual battery charger - continual flashing amber LED

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mpgibbs
Follower
Follower

We have been having problems with recharging the Arlo Pro 2 batteries in the Arlo dual battery charger unit.  The unit and batteries have been in service for just over one year.  They have been recharged regularly whenever the charge dropped low since installation.  Now, the batteries begin charging (with solid amber LED), then begin flashing amber LED after short period of time (20-40 minutes).  Removing and then replacing them in the charger (with or without swapping ends of the charger) seems to revert the LED to solid amber - but only for a short while.  They are flashing amber again after another 20-40 minutes.  

Does anyone know the estimated lifecycle of these batteries?  What should be the estimated lifespan?  (assuming "normal" use - and please define "normal", as these are security cameras, so I expect them to be up and running 24/7 - although they only record a few times per day).

We have so far replaced only one of the five batteries which initially came with the set, since it would not even charge at all.  Yet even this name-brand Arlo replacement battery behaves in the same way described above, although it has been used less than one month.

For $50 apiece Arlo-brand replacement batteries, I expect more than one year of service from the originals.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would say it's obviously not the batteries since all do this, including the new one. My batteries have been going for years, almost always charged in the external charger.

First, are you using the Arlo USB charger that plugs into the wall? It should have both 5v and 9v outputs. Have you tried a different charger, either from Arlo or a phone, that has those outputs? Can you charge properly with the battery in the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation