Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Need to change vidio length and other changes but on iMac no pencil to go to that section. I have pencils on iPhone and iPad but not on Mac.

The help tells me to sign in, well i do use the only E-mail and password i have and still no help. Yes i have reset base, deleted all base and cameras, still cant get to the pencils in Mode.

Any help ???

36 REPLIES 36
Hangarwatch
Guide
Guide

It seems every day that I log on either with my iphone, ipad, or PC the interface has changed and is different between devices.  I expect that between Apple and PC but today, on my PC I can't change the Mode. There is no pencil icon for changing the mode.  There is on my ipad.  It wasn't this way yesterday.  Arlo seems to be going through a rough software update in that they try to make something more functional or just pretty and end up screwing up other areas.  Please do your beta testing a little more thrououghly and get the edit mode of Mode (pencil) fixed for the PC.

I'm getting a little nervous about all the money I've spent on what was such a wonderful product (both hardware and software).  I have purchased 2 full systems.  10 cameras at home and 10 cameras at my office.  I've also installed a system for my mother.  Now it seems I'm spending a lot of time each day trying to figure out what Arlo has done (or messed up) next.

chribriggs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Unable to edit  mode as no pencil shows up when usung my computer.

Hangarwatch
Guide
Guide

Found another bug between use in Chrome and IE.  In Chrome now, on the cameras I've created an activity area on, when I try to live view in full screen only the area I highlighted in the activity area shows up.  It cuts off the full screen!  In IE this is not a problem.

More, much more beta testing should be done on this release.  Well, guess it's too late now.  Much more beta testing on the new release that will hopefully fix all the bugs is needed.

Lori101
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem - no edit option when using my computer (also Mac running Safari).  I do get the edit option when using my iPhone.  Very frustrating.

JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

Mode edit is gone for me too. MacBook with latest OS / Safari.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

hagenkaye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both mac and linux here.  It seems that also the version of Chrome is important.

Edit button in Modes is missing on Chrome 64.0 (linux) but is working on Chrome 70.0 (mac)

Edit button in Modes is missing in Safari

hagenkaye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updating from Chrome 64.0 to Chrome 70.0 on linux and the edit buttons are available in the modes tab again.  So it appears that not only do you need to use Chrome, but you need Chrome 70.0

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Like many other softwares, you need to keep the OS and applications up to date since old software causes issues when trying to work with new software.

JCW308
Tutor
Tutor

This is not the case at all. It is Netgear/Arlo failing to support new browsers. Absolutely horrible.

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Here's a hint Netgear.... 

Since you can long longer edit modes in Safari, here's how to fix it... It's a simple CSS change... Why does it take so long to fix these issues with editing and viewing full screen???!??!  Simply changing the width that's set for 100% to something like 94% will bring this div in the viewable area. The incompetence is unbelievable. Again, not rocket science, but simple CSS. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 12.33.39 PM.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to let everyone know that our development team was able to resolve the issue where you can see the edit button now through the Mode Settings on Safari and Microsoft Edge. 

Discussion stats