Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to switch admin on Arlo accounts ?

Discussion stats
Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Need to change vidio length and other changes but on iMac no pencil to go to that section. I have pencils on iPhone and iPad but not on Mac.

The help tells me to sign in, well i do use the only E-mail and password i have and still no help. Yes i have reset base, deleted all base and cameras, still cant get to the pencils in Mode.

Any help ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to let everyone know that our development team was able to resolve the issue where you can see the edit button now through the Mode Settings on Safari and Microsoft Edge. 

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
jeross
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why isn't mode working on my computer. I cant change anything

maddidaddi
Star
Star

My base unit keeps saying no internet connection when it says offline constantly

jeross
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it is not the base station.

I can't get into mode using the computer to change the way the camera works.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I assume your using Edge or Chrome as your browser...........Looks like Arlo "updated" the website and now they have intruduced another bug for Edge. You can no longer edit a mode using edge. In chrome the arrows that you normally click to edit a mode may be missing, but if they are just click in that area and you can edit the mode in chrome. Hopefully Arlo fixes their website so it works with Edge again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jeross,

What device and firmware are you experiencing the issue with? Do you have a screenshot of this?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Here you go........ you can see there are no arrows on the right of the mode where you'd click to edit the mode. Clicking the mode anywhere on the line only changes modes, you can't edit the mode in edge anymore. Screen shot attached...

edge1.gif

jeross
Aspirant
Aspirant

So why have you screwed up something that wasn't broken?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jeross,

Do you have the edit option functioning with Google Chrome?

jeross
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have google chrome.

cheers

Jane

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I can confirm that you can edit a mode in Chrome. You cannot edit in Edge. (also still can't play library videos in Edge)

Devs need to fix the site to work with recent MS updates and Edge please.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I can't edit on Safari either.  I noticed this yesterday.

2017 Macbook Pro running Mojave

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Maybe try a diffrent web browser or contact support.
Support Center

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did try support, waiting to here frome Level @2.

Also just tried on Explorer and same issue as Safari no pencils but have them on iPad and iPhone

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

ok ya it may just be an html programming issue on Arlos site with Mac and or Safari. I do not own a Mac so I can't be of more help.

Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, just FYI it did not work on Explorer either.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

can you do any settings or just view stuff ?

Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well if i go to settings i can do the basic, rotate image, night vision but thats it. In mode no pencil like i get if i use my iPad or iPhone.

Thank You!!

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

OK I see an issue, in Windows Edge I can not edit the Modes, but In chrome I can edit the Modes. Note the Edit link on the right site.
Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0
Chrome Version 72.0.3592.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

chrome.png
edge.png

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

clearly they have cross platform programming html issues.

Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I have a iMac that runs Safari and my iPad the same, i can edit Mode on iPad but not iMac. It worked before i did a hard reset on base and even deactivated all 3 cameras and then reinstalled them.  i saw that i need to sign in as as the ad men well is sign in on both with the same user and password????  

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Yes use the primary account to Login.
Note: you can only be loged in on 1 device at a time per account.
When you setup a Shared account there is an option for Granting Access.
access.png

Roy1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Again

I only have the one login eMail and password and i use it on all devices, iMac, iPhone and iPad.

On the iPad and iPhone i can get to mode then Pencils same sign in on iMac no go for Mode then Pencils.

Yes i know i can only be loged on one device it will kick me of one if i logon with another.

Thganks!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Yup.. Using Safari, no edit on mode.. 

Discussion stats