Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
At some point in the recent past a firmware update automatically inserted the "Armed" custom mode from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the middle of my Schedule. I see on the web page that it's mentioned that this is now default behavior (since when??). I'm home at this time and do not want any of my cameras triggering. I have custom modes at night through early morning. However there does not seem to be any way to edit this forced default of "Armed" when I don't want it active.

I need to know how to configure the original logic and have my existing Schedule active with NO cameras triggering during the 8am-5pm hours. I tried to create a new custom mode with the intention to leave it empty with no cameras triggering but it requires you to choose at least one to trigger on. The schedule logic is not very user friendly.

***I do not want to edit the "Armed" mode, it has all my settings that I want to keep when I want everything armed occasionally***

Someone tell me how to just get this "Armed" mode removed from my Schedule that was automatically inserted after a software update.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team investigated the two issues and will consider having this improved in the near future as of this time.

In the meantime, we would suggest for you to use the web client on your browser for the two issues. Once again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating these two issues. We'll provide an update to the community when we hear any new information or update from the team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

• JessicaP
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating these issues. We'll be sure to provide an update when we hear any new information or update.

• JessicaP
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is investigating the two issues that @sangwinacher mentioned above. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

• 16 REPLIES 16
    Dannybear
    Master
    Master
    I guess you are unable to remove the armed period from the schedule correct?
    I can’t say that I have seen arlo
    install anything in the schedule before, where is this written?
    sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary
    Correct, this didn't used to work this way. The schedule used to be empty until you added your custom modes to it. Here's where they document this new default setting : https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account
    Dannybear
    Master
    Master
    What App are you using for user interface?
    If I use the iOS arlo app it allows me to add a window to the schedule and if I click on the window it will allow me to delete it by tapping remove. Where does it fail at your end?
    When I add a window it does pre-populate the armed mode but this can be changed to disable and so no window is added.
    sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary

Interesting you mentioned the interface method.  Last night I was doing some more troubleshooting and believe I see that it has something to do with a bug on mobile (Android).  If I view the Schedule from a PC I see the custom mode, and once I click it, it brings up the settings for the custom mode (see screen shots).

On Android, if I view the Schedule, I see the custom mode but once I tap it, it opens up and has "Armed" set as the custom mode.  So, there's definitely an issue on Android with reflecting the correct custom mode inside of the schedule. 

PC Schedule custom mode (good)

Schedule-PC.jpg

PC custom mode edit click (good)

Schedule-PC-Edit.jpg

Android Schedule custom mode (good, although display bug should be fixed to make title more readable)

Schedule-Android.png

Android custom mode edit (bad, shows "Armed" as the custom mode, with no days of the week set)

Scehedule-Android-Edit-bad.png

Dannybear
    Master
    Master
    Can I suggest you contact arlo support to report the issue. You could also PM JessicaP for further advice.
    StephenB
    Guru Guru
    Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
    You could also PM JessicaP for further advice.

Let's tag @JessicaP  and @JamesC 

@Dannybear wrote:
    Can I suggest you contact arlo support to report the issue. 

Agreed.  

Also, since the app and my.arlo.com give conflicting information, it would be good to see which one is actually correct (ideally walking in front of the cameras shortly after 8 am, and seeing if there are any notifications).

sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary

Thanks, I've worked with James several times in the past.  I think we have 2 bugs at play... website being out of sync from the mobile app, and the graphical text display for the custom mode is cut off and VERY tiny font compared to the rest of the schedule.

sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary

1. The custom mode that the PC reflects is accurate at that time, the 2 proper cameras are triggering.  The Android schedule is what's inaccurately showing "Armed" with no days active, and all cameras set for the "Armed" schedule are not triggering, so I know this isn't being reflected accurately.  This is a bug.

2. I checked on my iPad and it both shows the correct custom mode as well as giving me the option to "Remove" it if I want.  Android app does not give any available option in the UI for "Remove" like PC and iOS devices do.  This is a bug.

JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sangwinacher,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is investigating the two issues that @sangwinacher mentioned above. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary
    Are there release notes posted for the latest Android update 3.5.6 on 9/27 including which bugs were fixed? Was excited that these two issues may have been fixed but nope 😜
    dcfox1
    Master
    Master

@sangwinacher wrote:
    Are there release notes posted for the latest Android update 3.5.6 on 9/27 including which bugs were fixed? Was excited that these two issues may have been fixed but nope 😜

There was a page for F/W and App updates but now the F/W is under the cam model thread. I haven't seen any App updated here after the forum update recently. Mabey a mod or someone who found it can chime in. @JamesC 

JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating these issues. We'll be sure to provide an update when we hear any new information or update.

sangwinacher
    Luminary
    Luminary
    Hi JessicaP!

Just checking in to see if this is still being investigated or if they've found root cause and working on a fix yet. Today's most recent version of the app that was released doesn't have the fix, so was just curious since it's been a few weeks.
    JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is still investigating these two issues. We'll provide an update to the community when we hear any new information or update from the team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired

The development team investigated the two issues and will consider having this improved in the near future as of this time.

In the meantime, we would suggest for you to use the web client on your browser for the two issues. Once again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Discussion stats
    • 16 Replies
    • 3 Likes
    • 5 In Conversation