Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Cameras and Library: Feature Requests

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lakeshow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello – I have an Arlo camera/system/account of my own at my house. I’m also sharing access from Arlo cameras from my parents’ home as well.  

2 things that would be SUPER USEFUL:

1) ability to mute notifications from the shared cameras/account 

2) abilty to partition the library to isolate recordings according to camera (or at least according to one’s own vs shared access/account). All recordings regardless of which camera captured them are saved together in one pool of clips. I don’t necessarily want my parents’ house recordings mixed in with mine.  This makes it harder to identify relevant clips. I understand that you can isolate clips with the “Filter" option but the filter criteria can’t be saved. You just have to filter anew whenever you revisit the app. 

If these feature already exist, sorry for wasting everybody’s time! If not, how about it Arlo community?! How great would it be to be able to select a library from a drop-down menu that contains clips of only the cameras you have a assigned to it? I wouldn’t think this wouldn’t be too hard a code adjustment, would it? I’m a long time Arlo user and would love to see an already great product/service be even better!

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
On the arlo iOS App when the dashboard opens to display the cameras, if you tap on the number value next to the camera settings icon it will take you to the library with that camera recording already filtered.
lakeshow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doh 🤦🏻‍♂️. Didn’t know that but I probably should have. Thanks so much for pointing this out DB! Now if there’s only a way to silence notifications of ONLY the shared cameras, i’d be set … 🤔

Dannybear
Master
Master
You can alter the mode in each base station to a schedule that choose a custom mode with camera rules that exclude mortifications, but maintain email notifications if that is preferred.
Obviously it would depend on the importance of notifications to the other location.
lakeshow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes - this is what I ultimately did because as it turned out, the other location/account was OK with it. However, it may not always work out this way with shared access from other location/accounts. Would definitely be better if a user can mute and/or otherwise control notifications from specific cameras regardless of their owned or shared status. Doesn’t seem like that burdensome of an ask as far as I can tell. Thanks so much for the feedback!!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation