Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Cdprice461
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was calling to see how I can get my battery to last longer. I was given a sales pitch and told they cannot help me unless I sign up for their plan. These camera's are new, and the battery only lasted 2 weeks. They won't help me! With our new camera's we have a 90 day support plan through April 24, 2023. 

When I told the customer service I would like to see if I can get it working before I sign up for the plan - he hung up on me!!

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The pro2 cameras are EOL at years end so you may want to consider getting a refund.

Arlo has phased out non subscription customer support back in 2021 hence the rude response.

I normally get a months worth of recordings with my pro2 cameras before recharging is required in low traffic areas.

When you first installed cameras had you pre charged the batteries? They should have had at least 50% out of the box unless they were old stock.

Cdprice461
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, I just bought them and we are supposed to get 90 days of support before we have to sign up for a subscription. I fully charged them before we installed them, and still only lasted 2 weeks. On the box it said batteries last up to a year!

Even from the beginning the customer support was just a sales pitch, and terrible. So that really wants me to subscribe - Not!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re cameras are attached to a subscription such as the trial subscription and your using the subscription features that require constant uploading to the cloud server for activity zones and smart notifications this could cause higher than usual battery usage.

https://kb.arlo.com/1202753/How-long-do-Arlo-camera-batteries-last 

Cdprice461
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure why support could not confirm what you are saying? They did not help me AT ALL. And hung up on me. 

It was suggested that I called a company that is a scam, that might be because they definitely just gave me sells pitch, and then hung up. 

I dialed 877-436-2016 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cdprice461 wrote:

It was suggested that I called a company that is a scam, that might be because they definitely just gave me sells pitch, and then hung up. 

How did you find the number? 

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

@DannyBearAgain Correction:

Pro 2 cameras are now EOL on 1/1/25. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Eric182,

Thanks for the correction.

Discussion stats