Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BryanPerry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am asleep. Somebody breaks into my trailer. I cannot hear the Arlo alert. How do I set it up to where my phone will ring or alert me to wake me up if my property is getting broken into

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi BryanPerry,

Have you enabled Push Notifications on your iPhone? You can read here to learn how to enable push notifications: How do I set up notifications or alerts?

BryanPerry
Aspirant
Aspirant
You’re asleep. Somebody breaks in. Arlos alert system for your phone is horrible. Is there a way to set up a phone call or a personalized alert so that you actually wake up?
BryanPerry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes but it’s not like an alarm where it will wake you up. That’s the problem
dcfox1
Master
Master

Notifications is like a text message on your phone alert sound not an alarm. Also It wont call you. 

Not sure if ur talking about the siren on your hub or base station  for pro2 cam. 

Klempner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue as Bryan. I have 7 cameras setup around my property and would like to have a distinct sound to alert me when motion in detected. The iPhone app sound cannot be altered, the emails are too delayed to be of assistance and there is not a SMS message feature. I created an email address that would arrive as a text message and discovered that text message has a different identifying number so alert sound is my default tone instead of the custom alert tone (alarm) that i set for my Arlo Camera Alerts contact.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

i am considering setting up additional motion sensors from another manufacturer  to alert me. Thanks

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Klempner 

I had Ring cams before going with Arlo and they had that option (different sound for each camera) so I don't know why Arlo does not have them since they have so many more features then Ring. I did like that and hope Arlo does offer that in the future. 

Klempner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I hope i do not need to replace the system. Arlo really is lacking in support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation