Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HolySocks
Tutor
Tutor

How do I change name listed in the Wifi Network list? Routers usually offer a way to assign a custom name. Right now it says ARLO_VMB... I do not like it showing up announcing ARLO to my neighbors...if nothing else I would much prefer Netgear as that is more incognito since it's recognized as a well-known router distributor.

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@HolySocks wrote:

How do I change name listed in the Wifi Network list?

You can't.

@HolySocks wrote:

I do not like it showing up announcing ARLO to my neighbors...

There's nothing the neighbours can do with it. This is a closed wifi network that talks to your cameras and nothing else.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
HolySocks
Tutor
Tutor
I would like to make a request that Arlo strongly consider changing this. To me, it doesn’t matter if my neighbors can do anything with it or not. Routers allow you to create your own name for a reason. If Arlo is not going to allow personalized names then at best the option to change it to something standardized that is a little less obvious would be much preferred, PLEASE!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@HolySocks wrote:
Routers allow you to create your own name for a reason.

And those reasons do not apply to the Arlo hub that acts as the wifi network for your cameras.

I understand the requests to hide the hub's wifi, but wanting to change the name is delightfully pointless.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
HolySocks
Tutor
Tutor

"wanting to change the name is delightfully pointless." @michaelkenward that to me is a matter of opinion.
Are you a representative for Arlo or simply a user?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@HolySocks wrote:

Are you a representative for Arlo or simply a user?

Try reading my messages.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation