Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add a second base

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Julio916
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,I'm trying to add a second base ,I already have 1 in my warehouse but I wanna add another base in my house ,it won't let me add a second base to my arlo acc.
Can't find the base and I'm in the same wifi ..
9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@Julio916

The base must be plugged into a router or range extender using an ethernet cable. You may have to purchase a range extender to plug the base station into but they are quit inexpensive.

Brian

Julio916
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base it's next to the router..
brh
Master
Master

@Julio916

Is it connected to the router with an ethernet cable?

Brian

Julio916
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is connected to the router with the ethernet cable. My wife already set it up to her phone and it's working,but mine won't work ,not sure if it's because they already setup into a different acc or email she created or what..
brh
Master
Master

Yes, if the account is in her name, she needs to go into her phone and share it with your phone.

Brian

Julio916
Aspirant
Aspirant
How she can share it?
brh
Master
Master

@Julio916

Have her go into her Arlo app and select Setttings then select Grant Access then follow the instructions.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, you don't share the base but, rather, the devices attached to it. 

As noted above, since the base is already claimed by your wife, you can't also claim it.  If it needs to be in your account, she needs to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices in her account so you can then set it up on your account.  Either way, you can use Settings, Grant Access from one account to the other so all cameras show up in each login.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can't be granted access to the base station itself but you can be granted to the siren on the base station, which carries the same name as the base

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation