Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won’t sync to base station

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 1 camera that won’t sync to the base station. It was synced up before the battery went completely dead. Since I’ve charged the battery the won’t connect now. I’ve followed the steps and the blue light blinks as if it is synced but nothing after that. Please help.

Thanks
14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to camera settings, use REMOVE DEVICE.

Open pull battery / replace

Sync as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing. Now the camera is deleted but won’t sync back up. I tried restarting the device and still nothing. Any other suggestions.?

Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? Have you tried syncing with the camera powered from the charger? What are the various LEDs on both the base and camera showing?

rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Battery is charged. Even swapped a battery from another camera. Haven’t tried plugged in yet but figured with a fully charged battery that wasn’t necessary (but I’ll try it). Green LED blinks on the base station. Blue LED blinks slowly for a while then an amber LED blinks indicating the the sync was unsuccessful.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Move base station a foot further away from your wifi router

rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try that. Yesterday after deleting the camera and leaving the battery out of it for most of the day, I put the battery back in the camera registered as if I never deleted it but still said it was offline.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you got more than one base station or has this camera ever been sync'd to another base station?

rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, only one base station
rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Moved the base further from the router and still a no go.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Bugger. Try turning your wifi off completely for a bit. That'll rule out interference from it but I guess if it works, you have to try something else, possible changing the channel of your 2.4GHz network

rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can try turning off the WiFi another day. Would it be worth trying to deactivate everything? Base station along with all the cameras. Reset to factory settings?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That seems to fix a lot of stuff. I wouldn't expect it to be necessary but I'm regularly surprised about what fixes things in IT 😉

rvinson25
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after trying over and over again to sync the camera. I even uninstalled the base station and started over like new. The camera will not sync. I have to replace the camera. What is the warranty? Will Netgear help with this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If new enough, swap at the store. Otherwise, open a case with support here for a possible replacement.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation