Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to Change WiFi name

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daytraitors
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm trying to change my WiFi password and SSID.  Here are the options I have under "My Devices."  The FAQ article says there should be a "Connected To" button here, but where?  

daytraitors_1-1664904095938.png

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daytraitors wrote:

I'm trying to change my WiFi password and SSID.  Here are the options I have under "My Devices."  The FAQ article says there should be a "Connected To" button here, but where?  

You can't change the wifi SSID or password of an Arlo Base.  And the Pro 2 only connects to a base.

Many of the newer cameras can connect to your home wifi - the video doorbells, Pro 3 floodlight, Pro 4, and Essential.  You can change the network you want them to connect to in the app.  But not the Pro 2.

daytraitors
Aspirant
Aspirant

The faq article Gina instructions on changing the WiFi password though. If you can’t change the password on the base station are you saying the Arlo base station isn’t WiFi capable?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daytraitors wrote:

If you can’t change the password on the base station are you saying the Arlo base station isn’t WiFi capable?

I am saying that the Arlo base station creates a closed wifi network that is only used by the cameras.  This is completely locked down, and Arlo has not provided any way to change the network name, the password, the WiFi channel, or any other settings.

@daytraitors wrote:

The faq article Gina instructions on changing the WiFi password though. 

Some Arlo cameras have the ability to either connect to a base station or your home wifi.  I don't know what faq article you are talking about, but it must relate to one or more of those camera models.

daytraitors
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think we’re talking about different issues.  I cancelled my cox and switched to T-Mobile. How do I change the password on the base station because it’s no connected to the internet.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daytraitors wrote:

I think we’re talking about different issues.  I cancelled my cox and switched to T-Mobile. How do I change the password on the base station because it’s no connected to the internet.  

There is no password on the base station. All you need to do is connect the base station to one of the LAN ethernet ports on the T-Mobile gateway.

FWIW, I tried this some months ago when I was testing a T-Mobile gateway (the Nokia cylindrical one), and it worked with no problems.  I've also upgraded my normal router recently (not T-Mobile service), and reconnecting my base stations to the new ethernet worked with no problems.

What LED status are you seeing on the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation