Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rickengle
Star
Star

Hi I just got a few Arlo Pro cameras recently but I can't tell if they are Pro or Pro 2 models.  The device info on the web portal just says they are H8.

What's the best way to find out for sure?

Thanks,

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can tell by looking at the front bezel of the camera. If it's Pro, the bezel is black. If it's Pro 2, the bezel is white

Pro

Pro 2

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

I have the Arlo Pro 2. I don't see any markings on the outside but when I take out the battery there is a sticker under the battery and just above the bar code "Arlo Pro 2" is printed. Check inside your camera and see if there is a sticker.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can tell by looking at the front bezel of the camera. If it's Pro, the bezel is black. If it's Pro 2, the bezel is white

Pro

Pro 2

steve_t
Master Master
Master

This difference is even visible in your Settings > My Devices list

rickengle
Star
Star

Steve, I don't see anything in settings that shows that, my Arlo camera info just shows H8.

Rick

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sorry, what I was meaning was the difference is visible under the My Devices list. Here's a screenshot of mine and you can see (I guess you have to look closely) that the photos of the cameras are different. The top 3 cameras are Pro 2 cameras with the white bezel, the 4th camera is an old Arlo HD original camera. Laundry Door and Backyard Pro are Arlo Pro cameras with the black bezel. If you post a screenshot of your My Devices, I could tell you immediately if it's a Pro or Pro 2

Arlo devices.jpg

rickengle
Star
Star

Excellent that is a big help!   So with such a good mix of cameras, do you find any significant benefits with the Arlo Pro 2 versus the Arlo Pro?

Thanks!

Rick

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Arlo Pro 2 are definitely a bit sharper, as you'd expect with 1080 vs 720 resolution but compression means it's not blu-ray quality as some people expect when they hear 1080. With the Arlo Pro 2, I can resolve a car licence plate in my driveway from significantly further away and faces are clearer, especially during the day.
I have one Arlo Pro 2 in my garage under AC power. This gives it a 3 second lookback feature. I wish they could all have the lookback feature but I guess the feature means it's recording all the time and that would destroy batteries in minutes/hours. Full time power also means motion zone selection is available.
Most people think the Arlo Pro 2 has slightly worse night vision than the Arlo Pro but I don't have any problems with either of them.
The Arlo Pro was such a massive step up on the Arlo HD. The Arlo Pro 2 is more an incremental improvement.
The other thing I don't like with the Arlo Pro 2 is the white bezel means that a black silicon skin doesn't allow the camera to be covert. The white bezel is always visible. I hope Arlo make a new skin or do something to change this

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation