Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do i access my local memory stick storage?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
klaatu2u1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro VMB4000, that is what is on the sticker on the unit. how do i access the storage on the memory stick on the base station??????? i am assuming it is only by the direct link in my hardwire to router? I am not good at this so instructions need to be simple, cannot find anywhere or i don't know how to ask the question. Any help greatly appreciated! This involves retrieving data for a police case so it's not trivial.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB backup is really a backup in that it can NOT be accessed from inside the Arlo prgm.

You must properly EJECT the drive and then connect to a computer with a third party prgm to view videos.

( VLC if a free player and works very well, has screen shots and can step thru frames slowly )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB backup is really a backup in that it can NOT be accessed from inside the Arlo prgm.

You must properly EJECT the drive and then connect to a computer with a third party prgm to view videos.

( VLC if a free player and works very well, has screen shots and can step thru frames slowly )

Morse is faster than texting!
klaatu2u1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I went through the manual again and figured out it isn't in there as it's not possible.  Was able to view the needed video on my win7 destop no problem after safely removing the USB stick from the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation