Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I create a second Arlo Pro system in the same house as the first one? Where do I start?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gullholmen
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo Pro system in house no 1. Now I have bought an Arlo Pro 2 system which shall replace the old Arlo Pro system. The old Arlo Pro system will be moved to house no 2.

Now I am sitting in house no 1 both with the old Arlo Pro system working as usual and the new Arlo Pro 2 system waiting to be installed.

Can I install the new Arlo Pro 2 system in the same room where the old base station is situated? Will these two base stations interfere with each other?

Can I swith off the old base station during the installation process of the new system and then just switch it on again, or will that cause problems like new log in, etc?

How and where do I create a new Arlo account for my new Arlo Pro 2 system?

Rgds from Per in Sweden

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Gullholmen

Yes, you can set up both systems in the same room, but keep them separated by 5 or 6 feet and they should not interfere with each orher. If you have less than 5 cameras, I believe that you can still view both systems in your app, but on this point I am not 100% certain. Since you will be moving the old system to the second house and you may want to add cameras later, or if you have more than 5 cameras total with the two systems, I think the easiest way is to set up two email accounts, one for each system. Set up the new system to the second email account. After the setup is complete, grant access rights from system 1 to system 2 then go into system 2 and grant access rights back to system 1. That way you should be able to see both systems in the same app.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no need to turn off the working base while setting up the new system. Assuming you have no more than 5 cameras total, use your existing account to add the base using the Add Device button on the Devices tab. Sync the new cameras to the new base.  All cameras will show up in your login.

If there are more than 5 cameras and you want to stay on the free plan, you'll need to create a new account with a second email address and use that to set up the new system. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new system to the original email address. Follow the emailed directions carefully so all cameras show up in the your original account.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a  PS;

There is NO limit on the number of bases on any level account NOR location... the limiting factor is the number of cameras for you service level.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation