Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
deryckr
Tutor
Tutor

How can i configure each camera to arm and disarm on separate schedules? I current own 5 qty. Arlo Pro 2 cameras connected to the base module.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@deryckr wrote:

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. You are correct in terms of it being difficult to configure when all the cameras are connected via the Base Station.

I wish to try your solution below but not sure how to do this. I am not sure if you can describe the steps I need to do when I access the App Menu.

In brief, I want 4 cameras to be armed 12a to 11.59p, and one camera to be armed from 12a to 5a & 9a to 4p, and disarm from 5a to 9a & 4p to 12a.

That’s not too difficult.  I’ll try to give you some guidance.

You only need two modes to accomplish this.  Since you want all 5 cameras to be armed during two time slots, you can use the Armed mode for this.  So, you only need to create one new mode.  If you are using the Arlo app, open the app and go to the modes page by touching “Mode” at the bottom of the screen.  Select “Add a Mode” at the bottom and give it a name...perhaps “Privacy” or “Outside Only”, if the four cameras are outside and the one camera is inside.  Click on “Next” at the top right.  Select the first of the four cameras you want armed during between 05:00-09:00 and 16:00-23:59.  Follow the prompts to create the rule for that camera.  This could be as simple as pressing “Next” on each page until you see “Save” and press that.  (Or you can change any of the settings as you desire.)  Before clicking “Save” look near the bottom, just above the “Alert “ Settings and click on “Add Rule” and repeat the rule setup process for your second camera.  Repeat this for all four cameras, but not the fifth camera that you wish to exclude for these two time periods.  Click on “Save” after setting up the rule for the fourth camera.

Now you should have your new mode along with the four default modes listed.

Edit the “Schedule” by touching the pencil icon for that mode.  Add the armed mode for times you want all cameras armed, leaving the 5-9 and 16-23:59 times open.  Then add the new mode for those two time blocks.  I have my schedule all filled up, so I can’t go through this step by step very easily, but as I recall, there is a spot in there were you need to select the days of the week for which this schedule applies.  Be sure to select all of the days for which you want this to be in effect.  Double check it all and then “Save” your changes.  Next your will want to select “Schedule” as your active Mode by touching the radio button (Circle) to the left of the Mode name and leave it that way.  

This should do it.  You will want to check the status and cameras to be sure everything is working as you desire during the various time slots.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@deryckr wrote:

How can i configure each camera to arm and disarm on separate schedules? I current own 5 qty. Arlo Pro 2 cameras connected to the base module.

Thanks.

It isn’t easy.  We get one schedule per Arlo base station.  To set cameras to arm and disarm at different times, you need to set up modes for the time slots rather than the cameras.  Then set up rules for each time slot mode which arm the cameras you want armed for that time slot.  So think through the hours of the day and decide which cameras or groups of cameras you want Armed or Disarmed.  Then group them into the smallest number of modes that meets your needs.  For example you might want: Late Night, Morning, WeekDay, Weekend Day and Night modes and those modes would contain the rules governing the behavior of each of your five cameras.  You would then add entries in your schedule corresponding to the time periods you define for each of these modes to be in effect.

If you have some really complicated requirements, you might need to add more base stations and split your cameras up among the base stations so you could have more schedules, but I suspect your needs are not quite that complicated.

deryckr
Tutor
Tutor

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. You are correct in terms of it being difficult to configure when all the cameras are connected via the Base Station.

I wish to try your solution below but not sure how to do this. I am not sure if you can describe the steps I need to do when I access the App Menu.

In brief, I want 4 cameras to be armed 12a to 11.59p, and one camera to be armed from 12a to 5a & 9a to 4p, and disarm from 5a to 9a & 4p to 12a.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@deryckr wrote:

Hi.

That’s not too difficult.  I’ll try to give you some guidance.

You only need two modes to accomplish this.  Since you want all 5 cameras to be armed during two time slots, you can use the Armed mode for this.  So, you only need to create one new mode.  If you are using the Arlo app, open the app and go to the modes page by touching “Mode” at the bottom of the screen.  Select “Add a Mode” at the bottom and give it a name...perhaps “Privacy” or “Outside Only”, if the four cameras are outside and the one camera is inside.  Click on “Next” at the top right.  Select the first of the four cameras you want armed during between 05:00-09:00 and 16:00-23:59.  Follow the prompts to create the rule for that camera.  This could be as simple as pressing “Next” on each page until you see “Save” and press that.  (Or you can change any of the settings as you desire.)  Before clicking “Save” look near the bottom, just above the “Alert “ Settings and click on “Add Rule” and repeat the rule setup process for your second camera.  Repeat this for all four cameras, but not the fifth camera that you wish to exclude for these two time periods.  Click on “Save” after setting up the rule for the fourth camera.

Now you should have your new mode along with the four default modes listed.

Edit the “Schedule” by touching the pencil icon for that mode.  Add the armed mode for times you want all cameras armed, leaving the 5-9 and 16-23:59 times open.  Then add the new mode for those two time blocks.  I have my schedule all filled up, so I can’t go through this step by step very easily, but as I recall, there is a spot in there were you need to select the days of the week for which this schedule applies.  Be sure to select all of the days for which you want this to be in effect.  Double check it all and then “Save” your changes.  Next your will want to select “Schedule” as your active Mode by touching the radio button (Circle) to the left of the Mode name and leave it that way.  

This should do it.  You will want to check the status and cameras to be sure everything is working as you desire during the various time slots.

deryckr
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks very much. This solution worked perfectly.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
Glad to hear it.

You are welcome.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation