Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Not Recording After Update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mherzog204
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our cameras were working great and detecting motion until the update this morning. Since then there have been no motion recordings on any cameras. I was walking around on my front porch within 5’-10’ of the camera and nothing.

I did a soft and hard reset and still nothing works. The WiFi signal has 2/3 bars and my battery level is full. I also noticed the time stamp is updating to 10 mins ago, 15 mins ago, but not recording. I’m able to run them on the live feed just fine. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mherzog204
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resolved! Looks like my system defaulted to disarm with the update and it started working again after I changed back to armed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mherzog204
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resolved! Looks like my system defaulted to disarm with the update and it started working again after I changed back to armed.
jsbeddow
Tutor
Tutor

Lucky you if your system is fully back to normal! Despite now seeing the updated firmware today, and doing a full hard (power) reboot on the base station, nothing has improved for me at all.  I still get no notifications or recordings showing up in the app/cloud/web portal (however, they are recording to the attached USB drive): also, per the support chat I had with Arlo on Friday (8/30/19), they had me remove one camera from my system, but since then I have not been able to add it back, regardless of what method I use to do so.  Oddly enough, it does sync (per the blue light sequences), but it refuses to show up in the app/web portal: however, it is not really fully gone either, as it does continue to record onto the attached USB drive on the base station.

Thanks so much Arlo supportMan Sad it looks like your wonderful suggestion to remove one camaera will probably cause me to fully reset my entire system back to factory new condition and start over completely.  Hopefully that actually works, and does not "hang" somewhaere along the way.  What a POS this "security" (loose term) system has become as of late.

A very angry customer (previously moderately satisfied for the last two years of ownership).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsbeddow,

Are you using the web client or the mobile app when attempting to sync your camera? Is the behavior the same regardless of which you use?

JamesC

jsbeddow
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, magically after yet another (remote) reboot of my base station mid-day today, the fourth camera came back (named as it was before, proving that it was never truly gone to begin with, just no longer showing up in the app or web portal).  Coinciding with this, I also suddenly started having notifications again today, as well as the ability to view today's recordings in the app (or web portal).

As for the answer to the question you posed previously: I had tried all methods to re-add this (4th) camera over the weekend, including mobile app, web portal, as well as simply using the sync buttons on the base station and camera to "trigger" the re-addition of the camera while viewing the app.  It would always result in an apparent success by judging the blue LED sequences, but never re-appear in the app.

The problems seem to have subsided for now....until the next major screw-up in firmware update releases without adequate testing.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation