Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Phxlyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have 3 arlo systems in different locations and 3 different accounts..

Unless I’m signed into a specific account I don’t get alerts/notifications.

Can I get alerts / notifications when not signed into the app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Phxlyn wrote:

Thanks for your quick response but it appears that the “friend”has to be signed in as well, is that correct?

There might be two parts to your question.

When you are logged in to the app, then you normally only get notifications for the account you are logged into.  The friend access can give you notifications for all three accounts, while only being logged into one of them.  You'd also be able to see the recordings, use geofencing for all accounts, and have immediate access to most of the controls for all cameras.  You can set this up so that each of your existing accounts has friend access to the other two.

The second part might be how you get notifications when you aren't logged into the app at all.  Text message notifications would be one way to do that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to be signed into the app, but you can use "friend" access to let you get notifications from all three accounts (and access to the videos).

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

Phxlyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your quick response but it appears that the “friend”has to be signed in as well, is that correct?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Phxlyn wrote:

There might be two parts to your question.

When you are logged in to the app, then you normally only get notifications for the account you are logged into.  The friend access can give you notifications for all three accounts, while only being logged into one of them.  You'd also be able to see the recordings, use geofencing for all accounts, and have immediate access to most of the controls for all cameras.  You can set this up so that each of your existing accounts has friend access to the other two.

The second part might be how you get notifications when you aren't logged into the app at all.  Text message notifications would be one way to do that.

Phxlyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it all to work!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation