Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hitsman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have the Arlo Pro 2 VMB4000r3 with 4 wireless cameras connected.  My questions is, how many more can I connect?  I know there is a 5 camera limit for recording for the “basic” plan (which I have).  But what is the max that I can add to this base without having to buy another base unit + cameras,  The current 4 are all outside but I would like to add inside ones as we have pets that I would like to keep tabs on.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Each base (any version) can support up to 15 cameras. Only 5 at a time can stream, regardless of plan, on any one base. SOmetimes a second base can be used to simplify things even though it's a bit more complex to set up and use.

Hitsman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is it hard to set up a second base?  I might like to do that for the indoor cameras.  Any suggestions would be helpful before I buy another system

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your going to split up the cameras, I find it a plus to run a second base....

I find it easy to run different schedules for certain cameras ( on a base you can have only one schedule ).

It use to be a limitation to run cams across bases but no longer ( tho I don't do it )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation