Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

Apparently my Arlo Pro 2 camera is lonely.  It stands guard in an open field, all by itself, protecting the entrance to my barn.  Every few minutes it sends me a notification saying it has detected a vehicle.  Sadly, their are no vehicles, or animals, or people to say hi.  Only blades of brown grass and a shadow of the building itself.

I've tried to give it some tender loving care by re-charging its batteries, upgraded its firmware, and reconnecting it to the base station.  Sadly, it's still unhappy.

From one Arlo customer to another, what do you recommend I do so it no longer sends me a note saying there is yet another vehicle in my yard.

Barn.png

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you temporarily disable vehicle detection in your Arlo Smart settings and see what happens?

JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

To be honest I never considered that.  I just turned off all of the smart notifications except 'All Other Motion.'  Apparently I have to leave one of them on or the iPhone smart app will complain at me.  I'll give this a whirl and see what happens over the next 24 hours.

JustAnElf2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I think I found the root cause.  In the upper left-hand corner of the screen is my next door neighbor's house.  It's about 350-400 yards away.  Everytime he opens his front door, or to hops on his tractor, the camera detects it.  On the screen he's super tiny and I would never have guessed the camera would have detect it.  All of the marketing literature says the camers is only effective to about 30 feet.

I guess it's time to look at activity zones and see if I can block him out.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reflections of the sun's IR can be detected a long ways away. Zones may be useful as well as rotating the camera appropriately to eliminate that part of the scene.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation