Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JamesJolly
Follower
Follower

Hi, I’m looking at buying 6 or 6 of the best cameras Arlo make, but no one seems to be able to answer the very simple question....... does it work with Homekit? I want 5 or 6 HD cameras that work with Homekit.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Looking at Apple's homekit page ( https://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/all-accessories/homekit )

they show the Arlo Baby working with homekit and is in the apple store local to me...

If the Baby works, then also should the Arlo Qs ( both hook directly into your own wifi, no base units ).

Maybe you can also ask in an apple store to get more info

Also a simple search brings up below; ( not released yet )

Arlo unveils a home security system with Apple HomeKit support. ... HomeKit will be supported by Arlo's Ultra 4K HDR Wire-Free and Arlo Pro 2 security cameras systems via a firmware update in Q1 2019. It'll let iPhone and iPad users access the cameras using the Apple Home app or Siri commands.Jan 7, 2019

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BeasleyFamily
Initiate
Initiate

Simply put, no. Many of us have been waiting since Q1 for Arlo to make good on their promise to incorporate homekit compatibility and have been getting nothing but silence. I suggest looking at a camera system from another company. I bought my system based on their promise of Q1 homekit integration, but if I knew then what I know now I would've stayed far away from Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation