Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 camera not charging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
xolavant
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a few cameras, they all charge fine except for one. They're maybe only one year old. Why is one not charging? The Blue light comes on when connected to charger, but it's been dead flat for days....
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the battery gets to low, it may not charge right away.

read this;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Josepherous
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 out of 3 of my batteries won't hold a charge after 3 months.  Arlo should have a solution for those of us who want to run power to the cameras so we don't have to keep recharging batteries all the time.  I find it limits the effectiveness of my security if it needs continuous attention from me.

I have had three Arlo 2 cameras for three months.  For two of them I ran the Lanmu out door power cords that Amazon sells to keep them powered all the time.  The third I have been recharging because there isn't a convenient power source near it.  The only battery that still charges effectively is the one that hasn't been continously plugged in.  I'm considering returning the whole system and starting over with a system that will allow you to plug them in without ever having to replace or recharge a battery.

xolavant
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up disconnecting the camera from the base station and seetting it up again as a new camera. It then said it needed a firmware update. I did that and now it's back to charging as normal.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation