Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
beebz
Tutor
Tutor

I am attempting to use the Geofencing feature of my Arlo system.  I would like to set this up for my wife's phone and my phone.  However, under the summary of "Enabled Mobile Devices" it is saying there are 3 Enabled Mobile Devices.  When I click on the "Enabled Mobile Devices", it only shows our 2 phones.

The problem is that the 3rd phantom device is causing the app to believe that we are always home.  Thus, geofencing does not work.  Is there any way to remove this phantom device?

I am assuming that the phantom or hidden device could be my wife's old phone which was destroyed.  Even if this phantom phone cannot be removed, can I disable it somehow?

13 REPLIES 13
Dannybear
Master
Master
While you’re looking at the 2 devices in the geofencing menu, do you have the edit label at upper right on the page? If so and you select it, does it show the third device?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed? You should be able to navigate to Mode > Select desired device > Geofencing Pencil icon > Enabled Mobile devices > Edit > Delete (Red Trash icon) > Continue > Done > Back > Done.

beebz
Tutor
Tutor

Dannybear,

I do have the Edit label in the top right hand corner of the app.  When I click it, the 3rd device does not show up for whatever reason.

beebz
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS,

I believe I am using the latest Arlo mobile app version for Android.  The version installed is 3.5.13_28425 that was released on 1/25/2022.  When I do navigate to the location you specify, the 3rd device does not show up on the screen.  Only the my phone and my wife's phone.  The 3rd ghost device is still missing.  I have removed the tick from the check boxes for both phones under "My Devices" on this page.  When I go back it still shows a mystery device as being enabled.  It is like there is a ghost device that has not been completely removed for some reason.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@beebz

Can you try and reconfigure grant access (remove and re-add) to see if that fixes the problem?

bulgert200
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same thing going on.  Enabled mobile devices is three, but only two are listed.

Things I have tried:

Deleting cache and data for Arlo

Uninstalling and reinstalling Arlo

Deactivating 2FA for all devices and reenabling.

Removing trusted devices and re adding them.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bulgert200

Can you try to (remove and/or re-add the granted access suer) to see if that fixes the problem?

bulgert200
Tutor
Tutor
I have also done that just last evening and it didn't work either. I also tried deleting all devices and readding.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @bulgert200

Did you receive my PM? 

bulgert200
Tutor
Tutor

I don't have time to do what you're asking.  My geofencing is not working and it is definitely an error in the coding of the app.  I think I'll just cancel my membership and go with a different camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That'll take a lot more time than doing what's suggested.

bulgert200
Tutor
Tutor

It'll be worth it to have a properly-functioning product.

Terrible coding on the app has been an ongoing issue.  Slow to load feeds from cameras indicates suboptimal hardware.  The system was not worth what I paid for it.  Security is important, and it should work well.  Arlo doesn't achieve this for me, and reading reports from other users, many agree.

beebz
Tutor
Tutor

I too have tried to remove and re-add granted access users.  Other than telling where to remove devices, I don't see any further suggestions.  Did I miss other suggestions to try?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation