Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help registering in Ukraine

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello and hi 5 2 all Arlo Community !

1. Here are my preconditions and stuff:
a) Arlo products
- VMB3000 - used, reset, off;
- VMB4000 - used, reset, is now on, paired with VMC4030P x 4, and wired to Dir-825, has it's own static LAN IP appended (manually), power, web and cam - solid green;
- VMC3030 x 4, VMC4030P x 2 - all used. Arlo Pro 2 series weren't syncing to newer base (VMB4000) neither in offline nor in online mode (being around half a meter from base), so base and cams were manually reset (I hope so) following instructions from here, and batteries were all out (all charged using original charger).
These Products are all sent from U.S. to our summer house in Ukraine this year.
b) LAN conditions:
- optic fiber line in (up to 1,25 Gbit/s), ONU E-PON;
- current data plan - 100 Mbit/s;
- paid static IP;
- D-Link DIR-825, already set up and running Wi-Fi at Channel 1 (2,4 Ghz) in B/G/N mixed mode, SBTC on. Real Wi-Fi to WAN/Web speed (incl. all transmission obstacles and LAN to fiber commutations) is around 30 - 50 Mbit/s.

2. Then, first set of 4030p x 4 cameras were easily paired to VMB4000, passed in-app push message confirmation on iPhone 8 (backup security) and Free Arlo account registration. Now, they are all set in Main room.

2.1 But, the problem is :
I'm unable to register other cameras (using iPhone XR) through push message security confirmation dialog (for Guest room). it's grey and un-tapable (Arlo app is freshly installed) and Ukraine is not in the list of SMS-enabled countries (while Moldova, Belarus and Russia is there).

Dear Developers, please add Ukraine as SMS option during in-app registration (as it is present at Arlo Community registration page), so that I can register and log into my Arlo account (app) using Ukrainian mobile number and mobile data provider (while out from the house, but guests are in so...)

2.2 Is it possible to log out from push-enabled account on iPhone 8, and register another account through SMS using Ukrainian phone number (as push message security/trust option is now also blured on that iPhone 8 during New Arlo account registration) ?
p.s. - all phones currently work well with Ukrainian carriers, and SMS from other US services like Amazon and Qualcomm are well received.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for help @ShayneS, I tried contacting Support team through Live Chat... but they're constantly bouncing me off... for whatever reason... i pass data during automated q/a interaction, using Two-step Verification keywords, get to the screen where it says: "Please wait, 1 person ahead of you", and it lasts forever, then it says that I've been waiting to long, what else can we help you with..."
Tried several times... ones Laine connected, but then suddenly dropped.
What's going on with Arlo Live Chat Support?
Could you please pass my issue directly to Tech/Dev Team for a review ?
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, whenever Live Chat bot asks me if I want to open a case... it always registers me with "NO"... but I always press yes ! Are they insulting me this way or it's just additional way to bounce free account users ?
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS here is how they do with those who've been waiting 20+ minutes with "...one person ahead of you" : [see attached screenshot]
p.s. check timestamps !
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS It currently looks like support reps are not paid for spending time on free account user cases, so they manually do everything to bounce me off as fast as possible, and make things look like its system/chat/internet... or whatever error. Live Chat screenshots speak for themselves, please correct me if I'm wrong.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi sshyran,

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 42566769

sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS Thank you, so much !
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @ShayneS, no one has reached out to me yet. Could you please elaborate on this ?
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation