Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello. Lately, iPhone 6+'s Arlo Pro 2's iOS app plays audio in the background even if the app isn't open. And they are old videos.  This happened a few times so far within the last couple weeks or so. What's up?

15 REPLIES 15
Morten-Kroejby
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a bug in the new >2.5.0 IOS app. I had this to before I downgraded the app to 2.4.9 again to get rid of all the new app faults....

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I’ve had that same experience many times over at least the last few months.  It isn’t new for me.  It seems to still be playing the audio in the background even though I have stopped watching the video or even stopped using the app.  I believe I kill the app to stop it.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Wow. Netgear still hasn't fixed this? How do we get the older version without this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app was released to the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.3 - 7th June 2018

JamesC

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The new version does not fix the latent audio problem. When attempting to connect, often the app hangs requiring a quit and restart. Other times the video will not start but the audio stream does, but that stream continues even after the app is closed.
Jalpa_Mike
Aspirant
Aspirant

DC97DB46-2B10-4BAD-9878-2FBA0FD9E8B3.jpegYep, same here.

2.5.1 - didn’t fix the issue

2.5.2 - didn’t fix the issue

2.5.3 - didn’t fix the issue

one has to wonder how much longer this is going to take.... we are going on over a month since 2.5.0 came out and caused all these issues.

this is what I get everytime I start the App on my iPad.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Come on, Netgear. Fix it already please. It happened again on Monday evening on another iPhone 6+ (iOS v11.4).

schmedsc
Initiate
Initiate

I have an iphone x and have the same issue.  Netgear needs to fix this.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our team is currently investigating the problem with some users hearing audio in the background even when the Arlo iOS app is closed or forced closed. We will provide new update once we receive some information. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is not a new problem for Arlo. This audio playing in the background of my ipad pro has been going on for close to a year and I’ve learned to live with it. Doesn’t matter if you have the Arlo Pro or Pro 2 they all do it. To shut it off I double-click the home button and swipe up on the app. 

To this day the problem still exists. This just goes to show how much Netgear cares about their customers.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
This is one thing that seems to be corrected in the latest iOS app
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@RChobby wrote:
This is one thing that seems to be corrected in the latest iOS app

No! It is NOT corrected and app ver 2.6.0 is worse than before. Before at least i had live viewing and 1080p. Now i get live audio only and 720p from my Arlo Pro 2. 

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Guess it depends on your iPhone and other factors. 2.6 fixes aborted launches and lingering audio for me. I’ve never seen 1080p from my pro2s, always has had blocky, flickering artifacts especially green trees and grass. Since installed almost one year ago.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear why did you lock the thread Hearing audio in background? https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Hearing-audio-in-the-background-in-Arlo-Pro-2-s-iOS-app-on-...

Did you find something offensive in the thread? The issue was not resolved but the thread is locked?

l, and many others, still have this issue. Do you think locking a thread will solve this issue?

I want an explanation why the thread is locked. 

I have an iPad Pro 12.9” ios 12.0.1 Arlo app v2.6.1 firmware all up to date and i still have this problem. 

Blondiesparklin
Guide
Guide

I’m opposite I want audio to continue in background and it never does. I’d like to browse web while still listening.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation