Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having to remove and re-install battery into Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MillstheMan
Tutor
Tutor

I recently purchased a 3-pack of Arlo Pro 2 Wireless cameras.  I have now found that on two separate occasions, I have had to remove the battery from the camera and re-insert it.  The symptom of the problem occurs when the app states that the camera has gone offline, for no apparent reason, and I have no way of communicating with the device.  This morning I removed and re-installed the same battery, and within a minute, the camera was back online and functioning as expected.  I also have the camera connected to a power source so it is always fully charged.  And I know the battery was always charged as it was at 100% when I got the unit working again.  Although the camera is new, it has had the latest firmware applied and was working for over a week without issue.

Also, there has been no change in activity outside or anything else that may have caused this.

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, as this is now the second time this has occurred, and starting to cause me frustration.  Something tells me that I will have to get new batteries under warranty, and from reading other posts, it looks as though battery-related issues are common.  

Your thoughts are advice are always welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like there is some wifi interference between the camera and base station. Can you change your home wifi 2.4GHz network to another channel, then restart the base station?

MillstheMan
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Steve greatly appreciate your prompt response to my post.  I didn't point out that I have a second camera connected to the same network, and this hasn't experienced this problem at all.  Is it safe to assume that the second camera would have had the same issue considering the scenario you described?  One thought I had was to simply swap the cameras and see if the same issue occurs at the other location.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Not necessarily. You could try the other camera and swap positions but it's more likely to be fixed if you remove the camera and re-sync it. But if the position swap works, great!!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation