Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Having a time finding the perfect setup - Considering Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Langosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone, I'm toiling over here. I have a new house and have the option of having electrical outlets and running wire before sheet rock - COOL. But am having a time finding the perfect setup. I feel like Arlo Pro 2 is the best for me due to low cloud storage cost (Ring is astronomical) and price. But I find a lot of issues on the forums regarding night vision, bugs, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Wired system are usually a lot more reliable than wireless systems.

Having said that I have a huge number of Arlo cameras around my house and they all work as expected.

There are however cases where due to environmental issues they never seems able to get everything working reliably and to their satisfaction. 

I would but from somewhere with a good return policy and try it out first to see if you're happy. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Langosh wrote:

I have a new house and have the option of having electrical outlets and running wire before sheet rock

If you want to keep all your options open, then run ethernet cable (cat 6 or better) and and maybe rg59 combo coax as well as mains power.

Then you can use power-over-ethernet IP cameras or CCTV cameras (as well as Arlo of course).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation