Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
saeteurn
Initiate
Initiate

I have my settings at Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec), but it never records longer then 2mins, even with the wired cameras.. majority of the time it records 13sec to 20sec, some longer but under 1min... and there is still motion going on but it stops recording... are my cameras defective ?  could multiple cameras recording at the same time be the problem ? any tips or ways i can fix this issue..?  thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera as set ;"till motion stops", depends on the camera "seeing" motion.

When it doesn't the recording stops and then there is maybe 10 sec to reset time.

I recommend a FIXED time over what you are using now.  Try 90 secs and see how that works and go up or down as wanted.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Shannint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the time limit makes this almost useless at times. Plus the detection is very hit and miss.

Needs work to improve overall .

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Plus the detection is very hit and miss. Needs work to improve overall .

Detection is very much dependent on placement and sense level...

Remember that detection for people is a max at about 25 ft.  SO, try and cover and area less then that. My concentration is an area of less then 20 ft.

Also travel across the FOV is better than straight on to camera.

Sense levels default to around 80%.... most of my camera sit at about 90-93%.   ( except I have a mode called WINDY which lowers to 70% in windy conditions to eliminate false triggers )

If you change the sense, do it at about 1-2% at a time and see how it works a day or two there , then adjust if not working well again,... test.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation