Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
richatha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with the Arlo Pro 2 whereby the first 2/3 seconds are missed because it's only on battery power. Had someone try our door and because of this fault I missed the first seconds and importantly their face for the police. 

I read that by putting a wire into the back of the camera makes it real time and removed this 2/3 second delay. However like most people my hub is in the middle of the house where my router is & in range of every camera. I have tried to use a USB extension cable but it doesn't look like it's working.

I tried plugging the camera into my hub using the provided wire but again there is no identifier to say it's plugged into the hub or anything so i'm not entirely sure what to do. I get the orange power triangle & a message saying the power source isn't support using both the cable provided straight into the back of the hub or using the USB extension cable. 

I am stuck with the delay for every and better get saving for a new Eufy kit of anyone had any other success stories with this?

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

You can not hardwire the cam to the Hub/base. I believe what you want is to connect the cam to an AC outlet that will give you a 3 second lookback. The USB port on the Hub is for USB device for local recording. 

richatha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ahhhhh OK thanks I will give that ago, thanks! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, camera positioning and motion sensitivity settings in your modes and rules can play a major part in solving this without resorting to AC power. Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning and consider turning up the sensitivity in any rules.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation