Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

What’s going on?

After updating both OS and app, no longer can my wife’s device access account!

Technical Support seems nonexistent, and when they do contact me the message is so pathetic after reading what they asking me, I forgot the question ....... all I’m looking for is a solution. 
It’s simple, wife’s device no longer gets  access to cameras after permission was granted. 
running into same problems that other people are having ..... after resetting password...... no cameras are showing

Am I to delete everything and start from scratch?

she clearly has everything updated

I don’t remember if she’s supposed to have her own account?

or

Is she to login on my account? 
I don’t believe she’s supposed to login on my account!

HELP

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi EPOC,

Just to make sure, are you saying that you're having trouble logging onto your wife's account? Is she unable to log in through the web client on the computer?

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Jessica

not interested using web base app ...... only the IOS app

but to answer your question, she can login in on the app but no cameras are displaying 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If your wife is on the grant access account, try to remove her grant access and re-invite her again to see if that helps.

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice

When I grant her permission, she just gets an email with a link that directs her to your web server that won’t let her login. 

We don’t want to use a web site, just the iOS app that we’ve been using since the beginning of time (until arlo became one)
To this day you have been the only support I’ve been receiving ...... Please help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Does she receive an error when trying to log in? Could you provide a screenshot when she tries to to log in but won't let her?

EPOC
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just forget it!
I’m boxing it up and returning everything.
Apparently you haven’t read or understood, we don’t want a website access. We just want to have access via IOS app, the way it always was.
She’s login into the app but no cameras are showing and no notification that she’s granted any permission ......
..... Shame on Arlo ......
Where’s instructions on how to set it up?
she has her own account?
Permission has been granted from my account to her account, why can’t she get access when she’s logged into her account?
If I delete her account and start over, Where’s the step by step instructions?

Never needed help the first time.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I was mentioning if she received any error when granting her permission and if you can provide a screenshot for it.

When I grant her permission, she just gets an email with a link that directs her to your web server that won’t let her login. 

I would suggest to delete her from grant access first, which you can read here: How do I delete friends from my Arlo account?

And to re-invite her for grant access, you can read this article here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If you ever need to edit her grant access, you can read this article to learn how: How do I edit my friend's privileges in my Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation