Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Going from basic to creating zones?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
I was trying to convince a friend to buy the Arlo Pro 2 camera pack. I informed him that these were battery operated but when plugged in, it opened the doors to many more features... such as creating a Zone within a picture. He called me this morning and said that it was only available when an extra fee was applied. I said no, as far as I know, you still get the free 7-Day storage and it is free to create zones when they are plugged into AC. True or false? Please explain? Thanks, Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When the Pro2 are on ac power extras options are available... on basic ( free ) plan

from product page at top of screen;

Activity Zones

Highlight areas in your camera’s view where you want to receive motion and sound alerts. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

3-second Look Back

Capture activity 3 seconds before a triggered event so you’ll always know what happened, from start to finish. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

You buddy may be thinking of Smart Plan which is a paid option

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When the Pro2 are on ac power extras options are available... on basic ( free ) plan

from product page at top of screen;

Activity Zones

Highlight areas in your camera’s view where you want to receive motion and sound alerts. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

3-second Look Back

Capture activity 3 seconds before a triggered event so you’ll always know what happened, from start to finish. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

You buddy may be thinking of Smart Plan which is a paid option

Morse is faster than texting!
Ihate100bees
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks so much, I will forward him this information. This is what I thought.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation