Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

why am I getting this message...This video is not able to play in your browser.  Please download to view.... I can see most of the videos but occasionally one pops up with this message what does it mean? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On a Pro 2 (or lower) camera, the likelihood is that the video is corrupted somehow. Try both the app and a browser but you may need to download the video and try playing it with the free VLC viewer (available for almost any hardware and OS). I've had this a few times and I think even VLC couldn't play all of them. Check the file length - that may be a clue - if it's very short, something happened. I suppose it could be that the camera had an issue (including a poor signal strength or quality to the base) or something in the wild Internet caused some corruption.

At the least I would reboot the base.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On a Pro 2 (or lower) camera, the likelihood is that the video is corrupted somehow. Try both the app and a browser but you may need to download the video and try playing it with the free VLC viewer (available for almost any hardware and OS). I've had this a few times and I think even VLC couldn't play all of them. Check the file length - that may be a clue - if it's very short, something happened. I suppose it could be that the camera had an issue (including a poor signal strength or quality to the base) or something in the wild Internet caused some corruption.

At the least I would reboot the base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation