Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting "This video is not able to play in your browser.  Please download to view." message

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

why am I getting this message...This video is not able to play in your browser.  Please download to view.... I can see most of the videos but occasionally one pops up with this message what does it mean? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On a Pro 2 (or lower) camera, the likelihood is that the video is corrupted somehow. Try both the app and a browser but you may need to download the video and try playing it with the free VLC viewer (available for almost any hardware and OS). I've had this a few times and I think even VLC couldn't play all of them. Check the file length - that may be a clue - if it's very short, something happened. I suppose it could be that the camera had an issue (including a poor signal strength or quality to the base) or something in the wild Internet caused some corruption.

At the least I would reboot the base.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On a Pro 2 (or lower) camera, the likelihood is that the video is corrupted somehow. Try both the app and a browser but you may need to download the video and try playing it with the free VLC viewer (available for almost any hardware and OS). I've had this a few times and I think even VLC couldn't play all of them. Check the file length - that may be a clue - if it's very short, something happened. I suppose it could be that the camera had an issue (including a poor signal strength or quality to the base) or something in the wild Internet caused some corruption.

At the least I would reboot the base.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation