Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
standodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had a couple of Arlo Pro 2 cameras for a couple of months and the geofencing has always been randomly inaccurate determining whether the phone is in zone or not, but in the last week it has been getting worse with the app saying the phone was out of zone constantly for a few days and then today the app can't come up with the in or out of zone status at all. I noticed there was an update yesterday to the app. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of this issue and hopes to have a fix available very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information on the fix.

JamesC

cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Geofencing still very broken on android. It was fine before but faulty now. Please speed up the resolution.
cbaileyuk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Something I've found......

If you run Google maps, click the blue dot to find your current location, then go back to the Arlo app, it will correctly find you and sort geolocation out for that session.

You do have to keep doing it though as you move so it's not a fix but a potential pointer to the issue.
standodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

any idea on how long until a fix is published?

standodd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please define "very soon". It's been 4 months that I know of since geofencing has worked. I notice you still advertise geofencing as a capability on these cameras, I would think in this litgious society we live in you're leaving yourself open for a lawsuit advertising a capabiluty that does not exist. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation