Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing messages

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kwey
Follower
Follower
I recently turned on Genofencing to stop the email notifications regarding detected movement in my house while I'm home. It is configured to be disarmed while home. However, I am getting repeated notifications >20 today, while I'm home stating my Geofencing is now on. How do I stop these annoying notifications? It also appeared it did not capture movement or notify me via email while geofencing was active. Please advise before inbox this back up and return to Costco
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Kwey

I am not sure how you are set up with your modes and rules. Check them out carefully, and you hopefully see what is going on.

But, why not simply disarm the system or cameras when you are home, of if your schedule is regular, set up schedules to disarm the system when you are home.

Brian

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

My experience with geofending – Q Plus and Pro 2 – is that it is decidedly flaky. That's a technical term for "doesn't always work as expected".

It often fails to notice that I have come home

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@michaelkenward

Since your home wifi must communicate with Arlo's servers and then Arlo's servers must communicate with your phone and them back to your home wifi, all through the cloud, I would never depend on geofencing to arm/disarm my system. I have often had over 30 minute to 1 hour delays, (depending on how the cloud feels at that particular moment), and often have had my wife's phone listed as present all day even though she was at work with her phone. 

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation