Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nkair19
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 cameras. I would like 3/4 to be armed all the time. I have 1 that I want armed when not at home and also from 12a-8a. Is this possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nkair19 wrote:
I have 4 cameras. I would like 3/4 to be armed all the time. I have 1 that I want armed when not at home and also from 12a-8a. Is this possible?

Yes.

Start by creating a custom mode (let's call it Three for now) that includes a rule for each of the three cameras you want armed.  Leave the rule for the fourth camera out.  When this mode is active, the three cameras will be armed, but the fourth is disarmed.  You can test this by activating the mode, and walking in front of all the cameras.

Now create the schedule (assume you are always home).  Add an entry for "Armed" that runs between midnight and 8 am.  Add a second entry for "Three" that runs between 8:01 am and 11:59 pm.

When you activate "Schedule" from the mode list, the cameras will behave as you desire when you are home.

Finally, layer in geofencing.  Set the "Away" mode in geofencing to be "Armed".  Set the "Home" mode to "Schedule".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nkair19 wrote:

Yes.

Start by creating a custom mode (let's call it Three for now) that includes a rule for each of the three cameras you want armed.  Leave the rule for the fourth camera out.  When this mode is active, the three cameras will be armed, but the fourth is disarmed.  You can test this by activating the mode, and walking in front of all the cameras.

Now create the schedule (assume you are always home).  Add an entry for "Armed" that runs between midnight and 8 am.  Add a second entry for "Three" that runs between 8:01 am and 11:59 pm.

When you activate "Schedule" from the mode list, the cameras will behave as you desire when you are home.

Finally, layer in geofencing.  Set the "Away" mode in geofencing to be "Armed".  Set the "Home" mode to "Schedule".

Nkair19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much-perfect! Now lets hope geofencing actually works 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation