Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing and 2 systems question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cornelbasson
Star
Star

Hello

Here is my problem

I have 1 Alro Sytem and my Mum and Dad have 1 Arlo system. We are setup to share cameras and setting etc etc. Problem is with geofencing some devices get notification that the geo mode has changed even though that device is not listed. IE when my mode changes my device and my wife’s device gets the notification but then my father also gets the notification. He’s phone is not selected to receive the notification? The other issue I have is working out what notifications are from what system, it is getting to the point where I am ignoring alerts because I am getting so many. I get my alerts and alerts from my parents place, how do I stop getting their alerts but still receive my alerts? IE my camera is called driveway but Dad’s camera is also called Driveway. Without rename cameras it is hard to know what system the alert is coming from at a quick glance.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@cornelbasson wrote:

Hello

Here is my problem

I have 1 Alro Sytem and my Mum and Dad have 1 Arlo system. We are setup to share cameras and setting etc etc. Problem is with geofencing some devices get notification that the geo mode has changed even though that device is not listed. IE when my mode changes my device and my wife’s device gets the notification but then my father also gets the notification. He’s phone is not selected to receive the notification? The other issue I have is working out what notifications are from what system, it is getting to the point where I am ignoring alerts because I am getting so many. I get my alerts and alerts from my parents place, how do I stop getting their alerts but still receive my alerts? IE my camera is called driveway but Dad’s camera is also called Driveway. Without rename cameras it is hard to know what system the alert is coming from at a quick glance.

Thanks

That was puzzling for me also. Here is what I learned from my experience on iOS.

1.  There are two areas where notifications get sent out.  One is at the iOS level and one is within the Arlo app.

2.  Under the Arlo app settings, this is called “Location In/Out Notifications”.  I keep that off.   When it is on, every time I opened the app, I’d see messages about the geofencing setting for every base station and Arlo-Q camera in my system.  

3.  If you do want that setting, go into mode settings for geofencing in the app and change “Device Location” from “Home” to a more specific name that identifies each uniquely.  This may also help with iOS level notifications.  I don’t recall for sure.

4.  I use the same two tracked devices for four locations, so I’ve never tried to have shared access to cameras with different tracked devices for geofencing.  I do see the geofencing status changes whenever either of us enters or leaves any zone.   Perhaps making the change in #3 above will help you.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I found another related setting.

In the old app, at the bottom of page of Geofencing mode settings there is a setting for push notifications and where to send them.  This might help you.

Note:  this setting is missing from the new Arlo app for some inexplicable reason.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation