Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Would like to know if there any issues with the acquiring location. When I go into the app and edit the geofencing location it always put me in NFLD when I am in Ontario. See picture. It used to work fine before the updated app.

Thanks

32 REPLIES 32
Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Ancient Geek.
I went as far as clearing all the storage, deleting the app and reinstalling and setting up again.
Still didn't work.
Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems like it has been going on for quite a while.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Clue2198 wrote:
Thanks Ancient Geek.
I went as far as clearing all the storage, deleting the app and reinstalling and setting up again.
Still didn't work.

I'm having a similar problem right now.  I started getting notifications with my image from one of our Arlo Q Plus cameras.  Looking at the mode, I could see that my wife was out of zone and so was I...even though I am home.  So I played around with the app for a minute and I showed up in zone and the camera disarmed.  I put my phone down for a few minutes and was again alerted with an image of myself.  I looked at the app on my iPhone again and now I was out of zone again.  Again, I navigated around a bit and soon, the camera disarmed without my changing anything.  This time I checked my location settings and verified that I have given Arlo permission to use my location "Always".  So that isn't the problem.

Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still swimming in the Indian Ocean...
Just keep swimming,
Just keep swimming,
Just keep swimming,
Swimming and,
Swimming and,
Swimming.
Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well we seem to moving in the right direction. The green circle is now around the location that I require and the address find now works. Do not change anything please.

The next issue that I have is that the app doesn't locate or indicate that the secondary user for geofencing is out of the area. The phone is out of location and the app states that it's in the zone. It is about 6km away.
Clue2198
Aspirant
Aspirant
Geofencing does not working.

I set it and I have set a custom mode where outside cameras trigger instead of the inside when I am within the zone. It shows "DISARMED"

This really shouldn't be this difficult. Yes it may be beyond my understanding. The reason is that why does it take this long to fix.

Still having issues with a secondary user being inside the zone and the app not detecting it.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Clue2198 wrote:
Geofencing does not working.

I set it and I have set a custom mode where outside cameras trigger instead of the inside when I am within the zone. It shows "DISARMED"

This really shouldn't be this difficult. Yes it may be beyond my understanding. The reason is that why does it take this long to fix.

Still having issues with a secondary user being inside the zone and the app not detecting it.

By any chance did you also use Schedule for this?  I was just looking at two base stations that are set up similarly, but with different custom armed times in the evening.  The base that has a schedule for which the armed time has passed, shows it is in geofencing mode with a schedule.  The base that has a schedule for which the armed time in still an hour away shows as geofencing, schedule and disarmed.  See image.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A new Android update for the Arlo Mobile app was just released addressing a bug specific to Custom modes and Geofencing. Please make sure to download the latest Arlo Mobile app and test again to see if you are still experiencing this issue.

Arlo Android App - 2.7.10 - 16th May 2019

More updates and improvements for Geofencing are slated for release in the very near future. Stay tuned.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation