Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not receiving push notifications and problems with CVR

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lizardbreath
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used to get notifications for every car that drove past. Now nothing. haven't even had these cameras for a week yet. Restarted base station, uninstalled and reinstalled app. Tried syncing all cameras again. Nothing. I have issues with a certain person coming around my house and of course the one day my cameras aren't working, he came around. Not very helpful.

On another subject. Tried signing up for the CVR plan. Doesn't go through, icon keeps spinning/thinking. Tried it 3 different times and nothing. Starting to regret my purchase.

2 REPLIES 2
Wooshka
Guide
Guide

@bbecker and @Lizardbreath  I have the same problem and it seems to be getting worse. I had an unscheduled 'visitor' come up my driveway in the early a.m the other day. Two cameras working back to back should have picked his entire venture up on recording. The first camera only picked his last 2 strides up in camera view. The 2nd camera didn't even detect his motion despite a sensor light activating (which sits just above the camera and has only a very very short activation zone). Luckily the sensor light sent him on his way. I may as well not have had the cameras. Would have had more chance of one dropping on his head than getting good footage to give to the police. And yes, my cameras are set up so that motion cuts across the view. This is proven by the system working previously in exactly the same positions. No problem with bandwidth, base station or settings. Come on Netgear / Arlo - just let us know when there are problems and that you are working on the fixes. Don't leave us in the dark (literally in this case) and frustrated with useless security. If it has attached properly, the clip shows an example of the motion detection delay. It should (and used to) pick up motion just in front of my fence-line.

Lizardbreath
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up returning this system. My cheap $10 camera works better than this junk.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation