Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Frustratingly cameras

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Matador009
Aspirant
Aspirant

This system simply does not work. Trying to get the Live Stream to load on any device takes forever, if it even loads at all. The motion detection is always delayed and it misses the first few seconds, sometimes so much so that a person can walk in and out of the frame without the cameras catching them, and that's with the person walking straight at the camera. Vehicles can pull into my driveway to make a delivery, pull back out and leave, and the cameras don't consistently detect them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

It is impossible to keep a live stream going for more than a few minutes, it simply just cuts off. The quality is not good either. There is no way to control the notifications. The app on iOS is quirky. The battery life is way shorter than expected. 

On top of that, support is even worse. Their prewritten script will have you doing everything to your network, from moving the router back and forth, resetting it, changing settings, etc. They will have you climbing up ladders to reset cameras, recharge them to 100% for over 8 hours... how in the world are the cameras only supposed to work right when they're fully charged, that does not make sense. 

My internet connection is consistently at 200Mbps, the cameras all have 3 bars of WiFi signal strength. Yet support blames my network. Everything else on the network works great, no issues. Somehow Arlo always has problems. 

You simply cannot trust your home security to Arlo, it simply does not work consistently. 

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation