Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bought Home with Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LongmireWV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just purchased a home with the Arlo Pro 2, 6 camera system.  The previous owner has released the devices and I've been able to connect to the base station.  However, the cameras are all mounted outside near the roof and I was just wondering if there would be a way to sync the cameras to the base station without getting a long CAT5 cable and extension cord and take it up on a ladder to each camera to sync?  I will of course attempt to take down each camera and bring to the base station, but I'm not sure how "permanent" each camera is mounted.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

One the base is on your new account, you need to add cameras

unfortunately you'll have to bring the camera near the base and sync them ...

Usu that means taking them down.

Sometimes tho if a strong enough signal you can have someone inside press the sync button and another person press the sync while in place. ( use phone to comm with each other )

BTW, the 6 cam account is special and you may end up with only 5 cameras on you new account

You are using a new email/pw ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, I usually press the base sync button and then go out to the camera to press that one. The base will try for ~2 minutes so you should have enough time to do this solo as long as you're all set with the ladder to be able to get to the camera before the timeout.

LongmireWV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, OK, I will try to give that a whirl then here.  

I am using a new account and password yes. The 6 camera is special in what way?

LongmireWV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gotcha.  Thank you jguerdat. I will try that as well.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

6 pack camera...

when orig purschased, there was a special code that was entered during sign up...as the normal free or basic level service allows only 5

Morse is faster than texting!
LongmireWV
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh OK,I see.  I doubt the previous owners will have retained that code or know where it is.  But thank you anyways!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation