Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LegacyDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

First time charging my Arlo2 and I’m getting “Charging Fault” error? The battery went from full charge to 5% in less than a week? What? I thought these were supposed to last 3 months on a full charge.

Only being used for indoor. Have tried multiple outlets and nothing. Should it really be this difficult to figure out how to charge this thing?

Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LegacyDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

ah. ok. i feel like an idiot. I didn't see at the bottom of the box there was another box within a box hidden under another box and the adapter was packaged by itself. Geeeez Loueeezee. This thing was like opening a Russian doll. I think i should be able to take it from here. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you using the arlo supplied power adapter?
If the battery was almost depleted you may need to read the FAQs on battery recovery.
Why the battery depleted so quickly may depend on your operational settings and subscriptions.
To prove the battery is ok, try swapping it with another camera.

LegacyDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm using the supplied power "cord" ---is that what you meant by "adapter?"

I've tried charging the other 3 cameras I purchased and I'm getting the same issue. 

I've taken all the batteries out, re-inserted them and same issue. 

I called tech support and they couldnt' help either. They said to return them to the BestBuy and start over.  Not the answer I was hoping for.

Crazy that this would be so difficult to figure out how to charge a battery. I've been using the Ring cameras for 2 years now and never experienced any issue like this with those. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's 2 parts to the charger - the adapter/charger that plugs into the wall and the cable. Either one can be the problem. Are you sure you're using the Arlo charger? It should be marked as Netgear or Arlo and have both 5v and 9v outputs. The cable should also be the proper one - it's a flat one from my experience - so it fits properly.

LegacyDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

ah. ok. i feel like an idiot. I didn't see at the bottom of the box there was another box within a box hidden under another box and the adapter was packaged by itself. Geeeez Loueeezee. This thing was like opening a Russian doll. I think i should be able to take it from here. Thank you. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation