Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DrKrup
Follower
Follower

I have a new four camera system that works fine at night and pretty good on cloudy days. But on sunny days I get false alerts averaging a hundred per hour and have to shut the cameras off. Not a very good security system when the cameras are off. Need a solution or I have to return this system. Can't take the hundreds of false notifications per hour! Thanks for your input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or review how PIR sensors work. It's not an Arlo problem - it's the same problem with virtually any device that uses PIR sensors.

The sun generates a ton of IR which reflects off many surfaces like branches, leaves, cars, etc. Instead of turning cameras off, read the FAQs here, specifically how to change sensitivity settings and how to create custom modes. Many folks use lower sensitivity during the day due to the sun's IR causing false triggers and ahigher settings for other times. Use the schedule to automatically switch between modes. Also, realize that the sun's angle changes with the season, causing more or fewer issues. You have to be creative to get what you need while minimizing false triggers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi
Unfortunately I have the same problem and really hope that is something Arlo works on.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or review how PIR sensors work. It's not an Arlo problem - it's the same problem with virtually any device that uses PIR sensors.

The sun generates a ton of IR which reflects off many surfaces like branches, leaves, cars, etc. Instead of turning cameras off, read the FAQs here, specifically how to change sensitivity settings and how to create custom modes. Many folks use lower sensitivity during the day due to the sun's IR causing false triggers and ahigher settings for other times. Use the schedule to automatically switch between modes. Also, realize that the sun's angle changes with the season, causing more or fewer issues. You have to be creative to get what you need while minimizing false triggers.

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Thks input and did not know. Will test more.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation