Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera wont stay conntected or charged

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
HayleyJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Arlo pro 2 camera that seems to be having trouble staying connected to the base station and staying charged. I will take it off the charger when it says 100% and it will connected to the base station for about one minute and then disconnect and die. I've had the camera for about 6 months and its only the second time I have even needed to charge it and now its not working. Does anyone know what my problem could be? It's under a covered porch and connected through wifi not wired. It has been working perfect until I took it down to charge it when it got low battery.
10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you swap a battery over from another camera and see if it behaves the same?

I recall reading somewhere that best practice is that you should not let the camera battery fall below 15%.
If it is allowed to die completely in the camera, it may take a number of charging cycles to get the battery to reach full memory capacity, a bit like the memory issues that you get with NiCad batteries.
HayleyJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel silly for not thinking of that before. Yes, the camra works good if i switch the battery. You said it takes a few charges to fully charge? Does that mean i can keep charging it and it will eventually get to full charge or do i have to buy a new battery?

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lithium Ion batteries dont like being fully discharged, it may not ever recover from being taken to a fully discharged state. I assume there is enough technology in the camera to shut it off to prevent this from happening. Cycling the battery may fix the issue, but its not likely. Generally the battery will lose the ability to provide good current draw, it may fully charge, but will not provide longevity during discharge.

HayleyJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well thank you so much for your help. It seems they sould be paying you and some of the other arlo "community" for support instead of the non-existent support team.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @HayleyJ

You may also contact support at anytime with any questions. I have attached the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's what to try if battery is run down to low;

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS

Is there an opportunity to have a link placed at the top of the forum that directs you to the arlo faq search page? Just an idea to improve the newbie user experience.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's already a search box at the top for this - not a link but I find it works reasonably well. When you enter the search terms, a link at the top left for Support Articles is included to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

This is on the desktop version of the site - dunno about the mobile display but I'd guess it's similar.

LakeMichigan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree, the support is non-existant from what I see when trying to get a simple answer 

Not IMPRESSED

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So, what's the simple question?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation