Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the last couple of days i am getting push notifications that my camera has activated and recorded. Once I go to the app there are no videos in the Library . Is there a malfunction or is this a glitch in an upgrade?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tetyana

Try rebooting your base station & rebooting your camera and test again.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again? If this does not help, you can try and reboot the camera by removing/reinserting the battery.

Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Yes. I have rebooted base station, removed and reinstalled batteries. I will get a video after a notification then it reverts back to giving a notification with no video. It all started after they pushed out the last update then clawed it back. Has become a very unreliable product now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the camera form Settings > My Devices > Re-add it & test again?

Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not done that. It has begun to work sporadically. Will get some videos then none. It is a bit erratic
tetyana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 

If I open the app on the phone or in the browser and switch oon Live view, a second later I will receive the motiong alert from the camera that was enabled for Live view.

Though there wre no motion and nothing has been recorded.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tetyana

Try rebooting your base station & rebooting your camera and test again.

Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I just marked this as a solution by accident. I have tried to reboot, resync cameras, shut them off, turn them on, and removed batteries. Nothing has worked. The cameras send notifications but no consistency in receiving videos. All my settings are to record a 10 second video. This product has become extremely unreliable all of a sudden.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Adonaldson0014

Just to verify, did you remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them?

Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I removed them and added them back. i am considering resetting my base station tonight and starting over with them.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also, make sure your base station & cameras are updated to the latest firmware version. I have attached the link to the Firmware Release Notes

Adonaldson0014
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will look at this link.

garym3472
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recieve two notifications for every event.  These are not false events. Just an extra notification after every event.  This issue started with the last app upgrade.  I have tried resetting everything, which was time-consuming and not effective.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Force stop app

2) Clear cache and data

3) Turn off Google backups

4) Reboot phone

5) Install app

6) Turn on Google backups

LynneF1
Guide
Guide

For the past week I have been getting hundreds of notifications.  Everytime I look at my phone it shows 188, 239, 299. etc... all the time through out the day.  Then I go into the app and there are 5 or 10 recordings which I delete.  This has been happening daily for the past week.  Now as of this morning my cameras are not detecting anything.  I can see the devices in the app and I can see a live feed but there are no recordings.  I know there has been movement because it always records me leaving and coming home and now it is not.   What do I do?  I reinstalled the app but nothing changed.  I have a 2 camera system and this is happening with both cameras.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LynneF1

Have you tried to reboot the cameras & test the motion again? You can do this by removing the battery for Pro/Pro 2 & opening/closing the battery door on the original Wire free cameras.

LynneF1
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have tried everything

I called Arlo and I have a case#  - on the phone with Arlo for over an hour - UGH! Nothing solved if anythng it's gotten worse.

I have reset everything more than once - removed devices - resynced everything.

When I bought the cameras this did not do this at first - all the false notifications.

Then one camera stopped recording and the false notifications started. This  is when I did all the reset and resyncing. As of Friday, June 14th before the reset is was giving me 200 - 300 false notificatons. Everytime I  reset it the false notification increased.  One motion detection would give me over 400 false notifications, then over 500 - now I am at over 600 false notifications.  

I have changed my motion to 50%.  Seems like the false notifications are using up my camera battery power. They were both charged to 100% on Friday and now they are down to 95%

What do I do?
Lynne

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LynneF1

Have you tried to adjust the sensitivity to 1% and work your way up from there, adjusting as needed?

LynneF1
Guide
Guide

So yesterday I lowered the motion to 1%  - the cameras still go off same as if they were at 80% and now I have 777 false notifications everytime - so I clear any recordings and the process starts all over again.  That happens whether it records once or 10 times.  

Do the cameras also go off with sound too?  Like brids chirping or wind chimes etc...

I feel like this is an app problem not necessary the cameras

Any thoughts?

Lynne

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LynneF1

If you have a Pro/Pro 2  you can set a custom mode with a rule to record motion and sound.

LynneF1
Guide
Guide

I am now into the 900 false notifications when the camera goes off the first time it says there is 800 to 900 notifications. I clear the recordings which range from 1 to 2 to maybe 10

Any solutions?   Resetting everything did nothing - my motion detector is set to 1 and there is no change.

Do I just have to deal with this or return the cameras?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LynneF1

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

LynneF1
Guide
Guide

Here we go again

So I was lowering my motion in the wrong area of the app - I was using the gear icon next to the device (which made no difference in my camera going off)  but now I did it under mode and now my cameras are going off alot less which is very helpful so thank you.

BUT - I had ONE camera go off and record JUST ONCE  -  it shows on the app (before you even go into the app) that I have 858 notifications which I don't  there is only ONE - I'm attaching a picture for you to see what I am talking about.

Am I the only one having this happen?  Seems like an app bug

Lynne

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try clearing the app cache and/or reinstalling the app. A reboot of the phone may help.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation