Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

False Notifications

Over the last couple of days i am getting push notifications that my camera has activated and recorded. Once I go to the app there are no videos in the Library . Is there a malfunction or is this a glitch in an upgrade?

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Arlo Moderator

Re: False Notifications

@tetyana

Try rebooting your base station & rebooting your camera and test again.

Message 7 of 14

All Replies
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again? If this does not help, you can try and reboot the camera by removing/reinserting the battery.

Message 2 of 14
Aspirant

Thank you. Yes. I have rebooted base station, removed and reinstalled batteries. I will get a video after a notification then it reverts back to giving a notification with no video. It all started after they pushed out the last update then clawed it back. Has become a very unreliable product now.

Message 3 of 14
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove the camera form Settings > My Devices > Re-add it & test again?

Message 4 of 14
Aspirant

I have not done that. It has begun to work sporadically. Will get some videos then none. It is a bit erratic
Message 5 of 14
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 

If I open the app on the phone or in the browser and switch oon Live view, a second later I will receive the motiong alert from the camera that was enabled for Live view.

Though there wre no motion and nothing has been recorded.

Model: VMB4500 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 6 of 14
Arlo Moderator

@tetyana

Try rebooting your base station & rebooting your camera and test again.

Message 7 of 14
Aspirant

Thank you. I just marked this as a solution by accident. I have tried to reboot, resync cameras, shut them off, turn them on, and removed batteries. Nothing has worked. The cameras send notifications but no consistency in receiving videos. All my settings are to record a 10 second video. This product has become extremely unreliable all of a sudden.

Message 8 of 14
Arlo Moderator

@Adonaldson0014

Just to verify, did you remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them?

Message 9 of 14
Aspirant

Yes. I removed them and added them back. i am considering resetting my base station tonight and starting over with them.

Message 10 of 14
Arlo Moderator

Also, make sure your base station & cameras are updated to the latest firmware version. I have attached the link to the Firmware Release Notes

Message 11 of 14
Aspirant

I will look at this link.

Message 12 of 14
Aspirant

I recieve two notifications for every event.  These are not false events. Just an extra notification after every event.  This issue started with the last app upgrade.  I have tried resetting everything, which was time-consuming and not effective.

Message 13 of 14
Guru

1) Force stop app

2) Clear cache and data

3) Turn off Google backups

4) Reboot phone

5) Install app

6) Turn on Google backups

Message 14 of 14