Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OGP
Guide
Guide

Arlo pro 2 fails after firmware update 1.12.2.4_2773 for hardware version VMB4500r2. Urgent out of town and away from the cameras. Can access the hub but not the cameras. I hope someone from arlo software IT Will have as soon as possible a new software update and fix this problem. What kind of security is this when you are out of town and forced to update the software or no view and after update there is no view and no security and this is horrible.... no sleep all night trying to fix this urgent security problem

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in or force close the app and try again. If the same, you can try rebooting the base from Settings, My Devices, you base, Restart but no guarantees. If someone can have physical access, have them unplug and plug the base back in.

In the future, a WiFi swicth such as a WeMo can be used to remotely power cycle the base.

OGP
Guide
Guide
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND TIME. I TRIED ALL YOU SUGGESTED WITH NO LUCK. SOMEONE JUST TURNED OFF AND BACK ON THE DEVICE BUT I STILL WASN'T ABLE TO VIEW THE CAMERAS.
I CAN ACCESS THE BASE HUB REMOTELY BUT IT KEEPS SHOWING THAT THE CAMERA'S ARE OFF LINE.
I HOPE YOU HAVE ANOTHER
SUGGESTION I CAN TRY...
I WILL KEEP IN MIND AND PURCHASE WIFI SWITCH SUCH AS WEMO THAT CAN BE USED REMOTELY IN THE FUTURE WHEN I TRAVEL BACK.
THANK YOU AGAIN
OGP
Guide
Guide
Two days and a half of hell trying to fix the problem of the mandatory firmware update 1.12.2.4_2773 for arlo pro 2 VMB4500r2. I CAN ACCESS THE BASE REMOTELY BECAUSE I AM OUT OF TOWN BUT I CANNOT ACCESS THE CAMERAS BECAUSE THEY SHOW THAT THEY ARE OFFLINE AND FIRMWARE OF CAMERAS SHOWS 1.125.13.0_31717
i asked someone yesterday to reboot the system manually and even unplugged the base for an hour with no luck at all
IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO RUIN PEOPLE'S SECURITY SYSTEM WITH THEIR MANDATORY FIRMWARE UPDATE. I CONTACTED ARLO SUPPORT 2 DAYS AGO AND REPORTED THIS ISSUE... SOMEONE FROM ARLO IT SHOULD FIX THIS HORRIBLE THAT DISABLED MY CAMERAS...
I tried many times live chat with arlo support but it was hopeless ... I waited and waited and waited and no representative was available ... all seems busy ..
FINALLY AFTER HOURS TRYING ... A POP UP SCREEN SHOWS THAT THE CHAT LINE IS CLOSED
I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH ARLO SECURITY PRODUCTS FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS WHEN THEY RUINED FOR ME WITH THEIR UPDATES

They should fix their security firmware updates softwares before selling more cameras to the innocent public to purchase
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey OGP,

Were you still able to contact our support team? If not, feel free to let me know.

OGP
Guide
Guide
Hi JessicaP ,
ON JUNE 26. 2019, ABOUT 11 PM WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IN, I WAS OBLIGED TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE AS I MENTIONED EARLIER... ... ... I TRIED SEVERAL HECTIC HOURS AFTER UPDATE TO VIEW CAMERAS WITH NO HOPE ...
I TRIED TO FIND AN E -MAIL TO REPORT IT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT ALL I FOUND WAS alerts@arlo.com SO I SENT AN E- MAIL ABOUT 3 AM .... THEN I KEPT TRYING TO ACCESS THE CAMERA WITH NO LUCK ... ... ...
Earlier at 1:23 am on June 27, 2019, I called this # 18332909488 and voice mail said that this # is out of service ... then I called 4086383750 and talked to nice lady for about half an hour discussing with her my frustrating case and mentioned that someone from Arlo IT should come up with another firmware software update to fix the problem ... and she replied that someone should be physically there next to the security system to try to fix the problem ... as you know my reply was that I am out of town and I can't access the system and this is not fair and very frustrating to leave town thinking all is well and security is provided then everything crashes and no security and no peace of mind and the promises and monitoring and elderly sick person and all the trouble it is causing is not acceptable ... ... ...
I TRIED OVER AND OVER AND OVER TO CHAT LIVE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH NO LUCK ... ... ...
I SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PURCHASING 3 PRODUCTS DEVICES BASES WITH CAMERAS AND STAY WITH THE LATEST ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO OF ARLO PRODUCTS AND SPENT MONEY TRAVELLING WITH SLEEPLESS NIGHTS TO PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND SECURITY TO AN ELDERLY SICK PERSON .
as I mentioned earlier someone physically turned the base on and off few times in the last couple of days with no luck
WE NEED AN URGENT HELP FROM ARLO TECHNICIANS TO FIX THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE REMOTELY OR WITH A NEWER UPDATE OR RETURN BACK THE FIRMWARE OPTION AS IT WAS BEFORE AND WAS WORKING VERY WELL.
IT IS NOT FAIR AT ALL FOR SOMEONE TO LEAVE TOWN AND HAS NO OPTION NOT TO UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE AND NOT SECURE PEOPLE AND PROPERTY.

I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION...

THANKS
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for explaining the problem you're going through. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

OGP
Guide
Guide
TO NIKLAS,
HI, SINCE JUNE 27,2019, I TRIED HUNDREDS OF STEPS HERE AND THERE AND BACK AND FORTH, READING AND TRYING THE SUGGESTIONS OF USERS TRYING TO HELP EACH OTHER TO SOLVE ALL THESE ISSUES IN FIRMWARE UPDATES AND OTHER TROUBLESHOOTING CHAOS...

I TOLD SOMEONE TO REMOVE THE USB FROM THE DEVICE BECAUSE I AM OUT OF TOWN AND I CAN'T ACCESS THE DEVICE PHYSICALLY... nothing worked but afterwards someone mentioned that the base should be turned off and turned back on without the internet and then sync the cameras. Then turn the station back off for few minutes, then connected back to the internet and power it...
Some suggested to push the sync button fast and not 2 seconds...
Others suggested to reset the internet of the house or business because it might cause interference with the wireless connection...
And it is very sad to see many people like me are having lots of trouble with this system...
AFTER I TRIED REMOTELY SPENDING MANY MANY MANY HOURS OF HELL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO AND TELLING SOMEONE TO HELP ME PHYSICALLY TO PLUG, UNPLUG, PLUG... ... ...THEN WAITING HOURS AND EXHAUSTING HOURS CHECKING IF IT WORKED... WITH NO LUCK TILL I DON'T KNOW HOW I SAW THE CAMERA'S FOR ONE DAY BUT WHEN I VIEW LIVE, IT DOESN'T RECORD ANY MOTION AND IT USED TO WORK BETTER BEFORE THE FIRMWARE TROUBLE UPDATE ...
UNFORTUNATELY, ON JULY 4, 2019, THE SYSTEM CORRUPTED AGAIN AND I STILL CAN'T VIEW ANY CAMERA' S ...
IT IS EXTREMELY VERY FRUSTRATING AND RIDICULOUS TO LIVE THAT WAY WAITING FOR A SOLUTION ...
ARLO'S ENGINEERS SHOULD FIX ALL THESE SECURITY ISSUES CAUSING UNSPEAKABLE CHAOS ...
I am thankful to all the users who are helping each others for a solution.
NO CAMERAS NO PEACE OF MIND;
AND MALFUNCTION SECURITY SYSTEM IS USELESS AND NOT SAFE.

OGP
Guide
Guide
MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING WITH THIS SOFTWARE DISASTER. ONE MONTH PASSED AND I AM STILL LIVING A NIGHTMARE WITH THIS SO CALLED SECURITY. THIS IS RIDICULOUS TO MAKE MONEY OUT OF PEOPLE'S MISERY.
YESTERDAY I HARDLY SLEPT TRYING TO FIX IT.
NO LUCK AT ALL FOR OVER 24 HOURS.
SINCE YESTERDAY THE RESTART BUTTON ON IN THE APP IS NOT EVEN SHOWING TO RESTARTED REMOTELY.
I AM STILL OUT OF TOWN AND I HAVE TO KEEP BOTHERING SOMEONE OVER AND OVER AND ALMOST EVERYDAY FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS TO PHYSICALLY GO THERE AND RESET AND RESTART AND SYNC AND AND AND AND PLUG THEN UNPLUG AND SAME THING ALL THE TIME... THIS IS DISGUSTING.
PLEASE ANY ADVICE ANYONE FOR HELP TO FIX ARLO PRO 2 CAMERAS AND HUB AND SOFTWARE UPDATE.
ARLO ENGINEERS SHOULD FIX THEIR SOFTWARE BEFORE SELLING MORE AND MORE TO THE INNOCENT PUBLIC
OGP
Guide
Guide
The worst system ever.
This is very unacceptable from arlo company to sell their system with terrible system software connection.
The cameras hide and seek views ( on for 1 day then off for 1 - 2 - 3 days ) got even worse. From little hope in fixing to zero hope
I can't access anything.
Completely blank.
From hide and seek to lost and found.
The supposed to be security and peace of mind is completely safety hazard for innocent public seeking peace, justice and healthy living.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi OGP,

I reached out to you on Jul 3 through private message but never heard back from you. If you still have problems, please let me know through private message.

OGP
Guide
Guide
THE ARLO SOFTWARE GOT WORSE, ALL THE CAMERAS DISAPPEARED AND I HAVE ZERO VIEW AND COMPLETELY NO ACCESS TO THE HUB WHICH IS CONNECTED AND KEEP SHOWING THAT EVERYTHING IS OFF. I AM LOOKING AROUND FOR ANOTHER SECURITY SURVEILLANCE THAT IS RELIABLE AND NOT DECEPTIVE.
SINCE JUNE 26, 2019 AFTER THE MANDATORY FIRMWARE UPDATES, ARLO TROUBLE STARTED. ARLO SURVEILLANCE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SOLUTION FOR PEACE OF MIND AND SECURITY, BUT INSTEAD, IN MY SITUATION, IT TURNED OUT TO BE A HORRIBLE LIVING NIGHTMARE AND NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE HOW BAD IT GOT.
TRULY IT IS A VERY DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE, ESPECIALLY FOR ALL THE WASTE OF MONEY AND HEALTH AND FRUSTRATING HOPELESS TIME AND THE LIVES AFFECTED FROM PURCHASING THIS USELESS DEVICE...
UNFORTUNATELY, THIS IS THE TRUTH AND I AM EXTREMELY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH ARLO PRODUCTS.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've reached out to you via private message to gather some information from you. I hope to hear from you through private message.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation