Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extra notifications

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jimdandy129
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app is continuing to display excessive notifications. When I get one notification, my phone shows all the notifications I’ve ever had. This has been a problem for years and has been resolved multiple times, but for some reason it just keeps getting messed up over and over again. Can we fix this???
5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
What mobile brand are you using?
Have you looked at what notifications options are set for the arlo app under the phone settings?
jimdandy129
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS. There is another thread from 2019-20 where people had the same problem. I think a recent update has caused it to happen again. It isn’t the notification settings on my phone. Whenever I get a notification it doesn’t show 1 notification, it all the notifications I’ve had since the update. I’m just over 70 now. I clear it, then the next one will say 71, not 1.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe you’re referring to the arlo icon badge number not resetting after opening the app library page, correct?
This is working correctly for my iPhone 5s an iPad so maybe your app or regional arlo server.

To help @JamesC know more about the issue can you provide the mobile model, iOS version and arlo app version details as well as how many friends you have granted access.

You could try deleting and reinstalling the app else you can turn off badges in the phone settings for the arlo app, reboot the phone and turn the badges back on to see if gets resolved.
jimdandy129
Aspirant
Aspirant
The remove reinstall, and the turn off notifications restart strategy didn’t change anything.

iPhone 13 pro
Software 15.3.1
Arlo app version: 3.5.12 (3220)
Only one other person has access.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue and working on a solution. I do not have an ETA at this time but stay tuned for more information.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation